New search engine

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

A friend of mine sent me a link to a new search engine hes been using . Ive been using it today and I really like it . For example .. when I search Kaywoodie pipes , there no bs ad or crap from amazon / ebay .... at least not up front for a bit . Its a straigh shooting search , it seems to me . Anyway , check it out if you want

https://freespoke.com/
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

DuckDuckGo for me.
I've used the Brave web browser for the last couple years. Their search engine looks promising, but they need to sort out some formatting issues that make it hard for me to read, so DuckDuckGo for now.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:34 pm DuckDuckGo for me.
I've used the Brave web browser for the last couple years. Their search engine looks promising, but they need to sort out some formatting issues that make it hard for me to read, so DuckDuckGo for now.
I know that one is private or supposed to be . I dont know if this one is like that or not . I like the font of the search [ I can read it well ] .

Hey , if you find out this search engine is meh ... let me know please
sisyphus
Person of Interest

all three of these search engines are private, you'd be fine with any of them
pick the one that is easiest for you to use, for me it's DuckDuckGo which is very Google-like
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:59 pm all three of these search engines are private, you'd be fine with any of them
pick the one that is easiest for you to use, for me it's DuckDuckGo which is very Google-like
Cool . Thanks man :thumbs:
Wildcat
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:34 pm DuckDuckGo for me.
DuckDuckGo for me +1
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'm a rube and still use chrome because I'm a creature of habit. I know that there's a lot of potential for spying etc but if someone is interested in the absolutely bonkers crap I look up be my guest
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:17 pm I'm a rube and still use chrome because I'm a creature of habit. I know that there's a lot of potential for spying etc but if someone is interested in the absolutely bonkers crap I look up be my guest
Brave makes switching easy if you're ever so inclined. Very Chrome-like, excellent web compatibility, and very privacy oriented.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

sisyphus wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:24 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:17 pm I'm a rube and still use chrome because I'm a creature of habit. I know that there's a lot of potential for spying etc but if someone is interested in the absolutely bonkers crap I look up be my guest
Brave makes switching easy if you're ever so inclined. Very Chrome-like, excellent web compatibility, and very privacy oriented.
I'll look into that one. I'm on the phone all the time, no idea what this site even looks like on a desktop. I have the duckduckgo browser installed on the phone, I just always tap that stupid chrome logo
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

I run a private install of SearXNG for searching, but there are public sites out there that offer the service as well. I also run instances of Pi-hole for ad blocking and Unbound for secure DNS.
Last edited by kschatey on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.