UNBELIEVABLE!!! Score of a LIFETIME

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Most folks rehydrate with the tobacco in a bowl and a moist towel draped over the top.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Robhumphrey04

The bagged penzance smokes fine. I do think it may be a bit on the dry side. Don’t want as much dust when I crumble. Think I’ll jar it up for a few months with a 69% boveda. Seems idiot proof.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Dry tobacco will suck the life out of the tiny boveda packs in a hurry. If you're using the little guys make it a party and use a few
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Robhumphrey04

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm Dry tobacco will suck the life out of the tiny boveda packs in a hurry. If you're using the little guys make it a party and use a few
Yes sir I was gonna throw 3 in there with the 8oz of the good good. The boveda are great because they will never over hydrate. They will get to the set point and hold.
Robhumphrey04

So the other two tobaccos, the frog Morton and red ribbon were tinned in 99.
kschatey

Robhumphrey04 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:41 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm Dry tobacco will suck the life out of the tiny boveda packs in a hurry. If you're using the little guys make it a party and use a few
Yes sir I was gonna throw 3 in there with the 8oz of the good good. The boveda are great because they will never over hydrate. They will get to the set point and hold.
Oh yeah, I forgot that there were small ones. I have one of the medium-sized one in a quart jar. They also make higher humidity ones.
Robhumphrey04

kschatey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 pm
Oh yeah, I forgot that there were small ones. I have one of the medium-sized one in a quart jar. They also make higher humidity ones.
In rare cases, things can be “too wet”.
kschatey

Robhumphrey04 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:58 pm
kschatey wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 pm

In rare cases, things can be “too wet”.
Fair enough. ;)
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

:thumbs: Fantastic find!!! Good on ya, brother.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
ncrobb
Founding Member

That McCranie’s Red Ribbon will be some of THE BEST straight Virginia Pipe tobacco you will ever get. McClellands took their best red Virginia and packaged it for McCranie's which is a brick and mortar store in Charlotte, NC. When McClelland closed shop it ended the Red Ribbon and Red Flake tinned pipe tobacco line. If you like Virginia’s with the age on that tin it’ll be awesome. Think of it as McClellands 5100 Red Cake super special.

Excellent score all the way around.
Last edited by ncrobb on Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett