Blind reaming.

kschatey

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:43 pm
Tsal wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:48 am Let's see the chamber so we can tell you if you did a good job or not.
Impressive!
Woodrow1953

I like cake actually. The advantage of a reamer imo is that I don’t ream to the bottom of the bowl. I’m able to leave a bit of cake close to the bottom of the bowl.
Then the pipers who say “don’t you smoke to the bottom of the bowl” contingent leave me alone. ;)
Bill Wood
Melfort, Sk, Canada
Non profit web developer
Retired broadcaster

Stanwell / Brigham / Peterson
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Woodrow1953 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 am I like cake actually. The advantage of a reamer imo is that I don’t ream to the bottom of the bowl. I’m able to leave a bit of cake close to the bottom of the bowl.
Then the pipers who say “don’t you smoke to the bottom of the bowl” contingent leave me alone. ;)
I stopped listening to them.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
kschatey

Wildcat wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:21 pm
Woodrow1953 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 am Then the pipers who say “don’t you smoke to the bottom of the bowl” contingent leave me alone. ;)
Mark up another fail for me then since I can't ever seem to get to the bottom, BOTTOM of a bowl, except in very rare occasions!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:57 pm
Woodrow1953 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 am Then the pipers who say “don’t you smoke to the bottom of the bowl” contingent leave me alone. ;)
Mark up another fail for me then since I can't ever seem to get to the bottom, BOTTOM of a bowl, except in very rare occasions!
Smoke five brothers or ryback. You'll get there every time
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:31 pm

Doubtful. I'd be on the ground in the fetal position from nicotine about 3-5 puffs into the pipe which means I would NEVER make it to the bottom of either of those!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

You miss my point bud... When I stopped listening and by that I mean giving a rip to what the "experts" pontificated, I stopped "failing" and started enjoying.

Hear everyone, listen to a some, ignore others. You'll find your way.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

kschatey wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:53 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:31 pm

Doubtful. I'd be on the ground in the fetal position from nicotine about 3-5 puffs into the pipe which means I would NEVER make it to the bottom of either of those!
Fred Hanna is a well known pipe smoker and author and if I'm not mistaken, he has developed a few blends. He is a collector of straight grain pipes. If memory serves, it was years ago when I read his book(s?), he does not smoke to the bottom of the bowl and doesn't care if anyone likes it or not. I believe he's not much into cake either. I'm not putting him up as an expert, but just another voice who sees it another way.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:08 pm

You miss my point bud... When I stopped listening and by that I mean giving a rip to what the "experts" pontificated, I stopped "failing" and started enjoying.

Eh you smoke otc blends and aro's, you're not a real pipe smoker. Your opinion is useless to the rest of us.

*before anyone takes me seriously that whole statement is in jest and I'm sure frank is aware of that. Go find a filter nerd to pick at
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:25 pm
Wildcat wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:08 pm

Eh you smoke otc blends and aro's, you're not a real pipe smoker. Your opinion is useless to the rest of us.

*before anyone takes me seriously that whole statement is in jest and I'm sure frank is aware of that. Go find a filter nerd to pick at
:clap: :lol: :lol:

I'm waiting for the PBxP to make it's way here and see how I can mix it up... Try new things, so punks like you stop picking on me .