Blind reaming.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:48 am Let's see the chamber so we can tell you if you did a good job or not.
It is too dark in there to really know what is going on.

Here is how it smokes:

I am content.

Maybe I will break out the reamer. I never really understood the reamer. The ones I have seem be as great as a P-Lip. Maybe I am doing it wrong.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Reamers are pretty self explanatory. You sure you're putting the tobacco in the right hole?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:14 pm Reamers are pretty self explanatory. You sure you're putting the tobacco in the right hole?
Oh, I know the right hole to use. I am traditional. I don't like to experiment.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:23 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:14 pm Reamers are pretty self explanatory. You sure you're putting the tobacco in the right hole?
Oh, I know the right hole to use. I am traditional. I don't like to experiment.
Just making sure. :lol:

I have one of those Decatur reamer sets with 4 sizes and one handle and also have one of the adjustable kleen reem style jobbers. Different tools for different jobs. There's also a Rodgers pipe knife but it mostly only gets used as a tamp and pick
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Be careful during drunken late night blind reaming ... just saying :D

The knife thing works . The reamer is excellent to remove the really hard cakes . The Kleen Reem or the more modern Senior reamer are the best design out there , imho , but a rounded blade off a pipe knife gizmo works too . Get that Nording into submission :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:10 pm Be careful during drunken late night blind reaming ... just saying :D

The knife thing works . The reamer is excellent to remove the really hard cakes . The Kleen Reem or the more modern Senior reamer are the best design out there , imho , but a rounded blade off a pipe knife gizmo works too . Get that Nording into submission :thumbs:
The kleen reem / senior style reamer doesn't fit the contours of most of my pipes as well as the standard Decatur gizmo. Or maybe it's my imagination. But they do work quite well overall and the little airway drill is handy as hell.
Nhsmoker

This blind reaming thread gives me anxiety. I am just not sure how you would get a symmetrical cake on all sides. I guess if you can pull it off to a satisfactory level then you should do what you like.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Tsal wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:48 am Let's see the chamber so we can tell you if you did a good job or not.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Nhsmoker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:09 am This blind reaming thread gives me anxiety. I am just not sure how you would get a symmetrical cake on all sides. I guess if you can pull it off to a satisfactory level then you should do what you like.
I am sure it looks like corrugated cardboard inside, or the walls of a corrugated metal shed, or, the deep, deep scars in my psyche. I am satisfied. The pipe smokes good now.
Last edited by Citizen B on Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:43 pm
A cool, dry smoke.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.