A Sour Pipe

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:08 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:48 pm
Wildcat wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:42 pm

November 4 2022 :lurk:
I've been meaning to update this. I went another 3 rounds and got it clean enough (I hope)
That is crazy. So my understanding is dip staining is dropping the whole stummel in the stain. Thus saturated inside the chamber as well. Why would any manufactuer think this is a good idea?
I hear ya . Surely theres a plug in the chamber when they do it , if thats what they do .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:03 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:08 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:48 pm

I've been meaning to update this. I went another 3 rounds and got it clean enough (I hope)
That is crazy. So my understanding is dip staining is dropping the whole stummel in the stain. Thus saturated inside the chamber as well. Why would any manufactuer think this is a good idea?
I hear ya . Surely theres a plug in the chamber when they do it , if thats what they do .
Nope. The whole chamber and airway showed signs of being stained
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Nope. The whole chamber and airway showed signs of being stained
[/quote]

The two NOS Savoy Pots I purchased many months back (70's-80's vintage) were both dip-stained. Many red stained pipe cleaners soaked in Ever Clear. I am determined to break them into the where they have good flavor profiles . . . not there yet.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .