Not mixed for the timid.
Quick, somebody pour salt on him!
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Not mixed for the timid.
Man ... thats a hell of a drink
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Last week I had a Manhattan for the first time.

I enjoyed it. May have another someday.
ever forward
BigFatDad

For me, Back when i drank.
Whisky NEAT, I see adding rocks as along the same lines as shaking a good martini, usually done out of ignorance or because "That's how the cool guy in the movie orders it". Cask strength (I'll decide the level of dilution thank you) Non-Chill Filtered served at room temperature and aloud to warm in the hand. Scotch, Ilays and/or finished in a sherry cask were my favorites.
Cocktails, A well-made Sazerac or Old fashioned

Now that I don't drink anymore, my favorite drink when I'm having a smoke is a Chocolate Coke. I make mine with Hershey's Special Dark syrup. The acidity of the coke with chocolate really pair well with a Pipe or Cigar.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:00 am Last week I had a Manhattan for the first time.

You have arrived , sir :bow: ... make sure to have it with RYE at some point , if what you had wasnt . Its worth it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:57 pm
arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:00 am Last week I had a Manhattan for the first time.

You have arrived , sir :bow: ... make sure to have it with RYE at some point , if what you had wasnt . Its worth it
'Twas
ever forward
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

BigFatDad wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:40 am For me, Back when i drank.
Whisky NEAT, I see adding rocks as along the same lines as shaking a good martini, usually done out of ignorance or because "That's how the cool guy in the movie orders it". Cask strength (I'll decide the level of dilution thank you) Non-Chill Filtered served at room temperature and aloud to warm in the hand. Scotch, Ilays and/or finished in a sherry cask were my favorites.

Now that I don't drink anymore, my favorite drink when I'm having a smoke is a Chocolate Coke. I make mine with Hershey's Special Dark syrup. The acidity of the coke with chocolate really pair well with a Pipe or Cigar.
Chcocolate coke sounds delicious. Do you just add syrup to a coke?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:08 pm

Right? If so it seems like a throwback to the old soda fountain days
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:08 pm

Pepsi + Peeps was pretty good, a little at a time...

Sheridan

@Ruffinogold
At the end of the month I shall be in Manhattan for a couple of days. I shall be drinking a Manhattan (for the very first time) in Manhattan! :thumbs:
Any other ‘must try’ drinks, whilst I’m in New York? I’m a man who likes his ales, stouts & whiskies, primarily.
Thanks in advance of any recommendations.