Cocktail of choice

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I know I am the only one who drinks this, so much so that bartenders have to ask me what it is called. Since I am the only one who drinks it, I tell them what the other bartenders call it when people ask what I am drinking. I nurse Mr. King's Drink.

It is two parts well whiskey and one part Aperol, shaken, pour the drink part in a martini glass, then put the dirty ice from the shaking in a pint glass and fill the pint glass with club soda. I drink I lot of club soda. I drink more club soda than I do Mr. Kings. I do not want kidney stones. It is healthy to be hydrated.

We are mostly water, very little Aperol. A person can live without Aperol and whiskey. A person cannot live long without a steady supply of water. The need for water is even more baseline than the need for love.

I know that no one else shares my cocktail preference, which will put hair on your chest, and, I don't think most of you are man enough for my macho lifestyle, but, I was wondering what cocktails other people here like. I am thinking about expanding my range.

Any suggestions?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whiskey. Neat. Because additions to it are a rookie move.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:52 pm Whiskey. Neat. Because additions to it are a rookie move.
I don't like whiskey. That is why I cut it with Aperol. Campari overwhelms it. Aperol accentuates it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:08 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:52 pm Whiskey. Neat. Because additions to it are a rookie move.
I don't like whiskey. That is why I cut it with Aperol. Campari overwhelms it. Aperol accentuates it.
If you don't like it why on earth would you drink it?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Margaritas on Taco Tuesday, baby!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:19 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:08 pm
If you don't like it why on earth would you drink it?
It is something to sip between glasses of club soda. It is a sipping drink. And, it puts hair on my chest. That is why I smoke a pipe, too. Sip a pipe the way you would sip a strong cocktail and you will be a happy man, savoring the flavor more and not caring about the effect. Because you sip so slowly, it is all about the flavor. Nurse a cocktail glass the way you would a pipe bowl---that is my strategy.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I enjoy a straight Bourbon or Scotch. Sometimes with Soda. Not big on cocktails. My version of a cocktail is to mix with a soda, tonic or whatever.

I love a Gin & Tonic. Add a lemon and lime its even better. Has to be a bitter tonic and strong juniper Gin. Gin without Juniper is pointless. Such as Hendricks.

I also enjoy my moonshine as is. May mix. I also make apple pie, lemoncello, and other flavors such as root beer.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

not a big cocktail guy, but I did always like tiki bars. Zombie for me. I could do Long Island iced tea also.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

sisyphus wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:44 pm not a big cocktail guy, but I did always like tiki bars. Zombie for me. I could do Long Island iced tea also.
I never used to drink cocktails but then I moved to New Orleans.

You can't find a scorpion bowl here but you can get a good sazerac just about anywhere, even at the grocery store.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
kschatey

Our favorite cocktails are:
  • Manhattan in Fall/Winter (I make my own cherries)
  • Mai Tai in Spring/Summer
My wife has recently discovered the French 75 which she now loves.