My step dads 110 buck

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

My step dad passed away about a year ago and we were pretty close . I currently am holding on to his Ruger singe six , or whatever its called , in 6'' stainless . Its killer but Im going to give it to my step brother next I see him , hopefully in October . Im having a good time shooting it in the mean time . A mans gun should go to his blood son . HIs knife can go to his step son :) .
So , bob had a Buck 110 as long as I can remember . He had given me my first real folding knife in 78 or 79 ... whenever Buck first came out with their Buck lite . I loved that damn thing ! Anyway , so my mother gives me his 110 and a week later Im walking my property with it and Im showing my son where resin wood is on a pine tree for fire starting . I lightly use the knife and to my absolute shock ... the blade snaps in half , lol . Im like .. no shit , I never would have figured . So off it went to buck . Buck has a thing that for 10 bucks theyll replace any blade with like steel and give it a " Spa treatment " . The turn around time is old school man .. like 4 to 6 weeks

Today , it arrived and it is frigging beautiful

I replaced the inner button snap , cause it was missing , on the belt pouch / sheath . Im going to polish it with black shoe polish . Generally I dont wear black leather but now that I have Bobs knife in stellar shape in the pouch .. Im going to order a zippo lighter belt pouch in black , along with a new belt in black and some black " cowboy " boots . Im more a brown leather guy and am strictly a brown cowboy hat guy . I hate black and white hats .. Im neither good nor too bad [ ? ] , so brown is where its at for me . if all that black stuff suits me , I may break down and get a black hat . I might as well , Im currently going to hell anyway

I dig the knife and I miss my Step Dad . I met him when I was 12 and we mostly got along the whole time I knew him
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Oh my goodness , lol ... so I take the pictures , open the knife in lock position ....... and guess what ? ... it doesn't lock . I think when they took it apart for their spa treatment , they forgot to put a spring or something inside or whatever makes it lock and stay locked . It just flops around . I waited six weeks to get back the knife , which looks beautiful , but now it doesn't function . I just shot them an email letting them know what was going on . I'm hoping they fix it without charging me , as the knife worked perfect when I sent it to them . We'll see .
So , I kept the box and packaging they sent me and will send it back ... lol . My luck
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It could be my step dad frigging with me ... its something he'd do :)
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bummer. You’re right… he’s sending you a message! Was he Italian? 😆
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Look inside the knife, like in where the blade closes into. At the bottom bolster you should see a short “Leaf” spring the curves up to push against lock. Press on the lock. If it doesn’t push back against you there is no spring.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 pm Look inside the knife, like in where the blade closes into. At the bottom bolster you should see a short “Leaf” spring the curves up to push against lock. Press on the lock. If it doesn’t push back against you there is no spring.
I press the lock and it goes flat . Theres no spring .. again , my luck :lol:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:41 am
ncrobb wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 pm Look inside the knife, like in where the blade closes into. At the bottom bolster you should see a short “Leaf” spring the curves up to push against lock. Press on the lock. If it doesn’t push back against you there is no spring.
I press the lock and it goes flat . Theres no spring .. again , my luck :lol:
That's a drag but I'm sure a company like buck will make it right
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I got the knife back a few weeks ago . My camera on my phone was shit so I didnt take a pic . They made everythung right and its freaking wonderful . Great blade , snap and polish ... its sick
ncrobb
Founding Member

I figured they would make good on it.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:41 pm I got the knife back a few weeks ago . My camera on my phone was shit so I didnt take a pic . They made everythung right and its freaking wonderful . Great blade , snap and polish ... its sick
Tell me more about the Buck "Soa Treatment" for $10.00. How to make it happen info etc.

I have a what I think is the same knife from when I was in highschool. A gift from my then future father in law and it definitely needs some love.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom