Dr. Grabow Filter Pipes

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Those of you with more knowledge about 70's through 90's era Dr. Grabow's than me (which means everyone) . . . which models have filters vs. those that do not. I would like to acquire a few more but am not interested in Filter Pipes.

Thank you . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

simplepipes wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:48 am Those of you with more knowledge about 70's through 90's era Dr. Grabow's than me (which means everyone) . . . which models have filters vs. those that do not. I would like to acquire a few more but am not interested in Filter Pipes.

Thank you . . .

-sp
I was going to ask why not? Then, I saw who was asking this question: Simplepipes. Never mind. I know the answer.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:55 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:48 am Those of you with more knowledge about 70's through 90's era Dr. Grabow's than me (which means everyone) . . . which models have filters vs. those that do not. I would like to acquire a few more but am not interested in Filter Pipes.

Thank you . . .

-sp
I was going to ask why not? Then, I saw who was asking this question: Simplepipes. Never mind. I know the answer.
The answer is always "filters are for weenies"
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

The blue spades are a push stem FILTER pipe, yellow is a push stem STINGER equipped pipe, Orange is Westbrook which is STINGER adjustomatic. White is adjustomatic and I think they can be filter or stinger. My Silver Duke pot you see every day in WAYS is a filter pipe, but I smoke it without a filter.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:24 pm The blue spades are a push stem FILTER pipe, yellow is a push stem STINGER equipped pipe, Orange is Westbrook which is STINGER adjustomatic. White is adjustomatic and I think they can be filter or stinger. My Silver Duke pot you see every day in WAYS is a filter pipe, but I smoke it without a filter.
I like filters but I prefer a pipe with a stinger, which may complicate the process for SP. The stinger collects a lot of gunk that requires a cloth vs. a simple pipe cleaner.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I don’t think Grabow makes a pipe without the ability for a filter. I prefer 6mm drilled pipes and never use one. I like the wide open draw.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:03 pm I don’t think Grabow makes a pipe without the ability for a filter. I prefer 6mm drilled pipes and never use one. I like the wide open draw.
Current production this is true.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

@simplepipes, steer clear of all the Dukes: Duke, Grand, Golden, Silver, Royal, Crown. Also Berwyck.

Older Savoy and Larks, maybe. My Reject Lark is a push stem with removable stinger. You just have to see them broke down to be sure.

Look for Westbrook, Starfire, Commodore, Eldorado, Regal, Viscount. All those are no filter Ajustomatic. I’m sure I’ve left many out, but this will give you a place to start.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Good information gentlemen . . . thank you.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
kschatey

Please forward all unwanted 6mm and 9mm filters to me. I will take good care of them by lovingly using them!