Naphtha

Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:44 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:36 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:29 pm

I take umbrage with that view. If you were here with me, I would slap you with my glove.

Pivoting the conversation---

I do not understand the hate for the taste of zippo fuel. I find no difference to speak of vs. butane, taste-wise.

Though I will admit I like the taste of matches, for convenience's sake, I'll take naphtha any day. It is more reliable than anything else I have tried to keep tobacco consistently lit.
Please note that I would slap your back side , grab you in the nuts and plant a kiss on your face.
Ron , omg !!! Lol :lol: :lol: :lol: You so fresh

Cheat!
God and Texas!
Aaronimo

I haven’t had huge issues with Naphtha

I’ve recently bought and reviewed a lighter with a handy attachment
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Aaronimo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:21 am

:lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Aaronimo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:21 am

:lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I wish I could receive Naphtha from USPS. Regulations seem to forbid it in bulk on government-owned mail trucks.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:09 pm I wish I could receive Naphtha from USPS. Regulations seem to forbid it in bulk on government-owned mail trucks.
I can't buy zippo fluid or butane from Amazon. I can order either one from a pipe / cigar / lighter website and have it delivered but by the time I pay shipping etc I may as well just drive to a smoke shop and buy it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:21 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:09 pm I wish I could receive Naphtha from USPS. Regulations seem to forbid it in bulk on government-owned mail trucks.
I can't buy zippo fluid or butane from Amazon. I can order either one from a pipe / cigar / lighter website and have it delivered but by the time I pay shipping etc I may as well just drive to a smoke shop and buy it
I hate to lie, so, when the postal clerk asks me to certify that my package contains nothing liquid, fragile, or flammable, I tell the truth.

I wanted to mail my mother some naphtha for Christmas. She doesn't have a smoke shop near her. Since Chief Catoonah died, I forget his birth name, he won the John Cotton smackdown, my mother won't frequent B&Ms. Too many memories.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:49 pm
I hate to lie, so, when the postal clerk asks me to certify that my package contains nothing liquid, fragile, or flammable, I tell the truth.

I wanted to mail my mother some naphtha for Christmas. She doesn't have a smoke shop near her. Since Chief Catoonah died, I forget his birth name, he won the John Cotton smackdown, my mother won't frequent B&Ms. Too many memories.
I package and label all my shipments at home. When I go to the post office I just drop it in a bin and walk out. They don't ask and I don't tell
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:47 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:49 pm

I package and label all my shipments at home. When I go to the post office I just drop it in a bin and walk out. They don't ask and I don't tell
I used to ride commercial air flights with a knife in my pocket because nobody asked. Nobody cared if I had one.

It is nice to see the reasons I have to answer these nonsensical questions to mail a certified letter can be bypassed if I do like you do. Osama bin Laden's heir is watching.

I am not paranoid. I am making an observation on the stupidity of all this.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:42 pm
arturo7 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:30 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:21 pm I think Coleman Fuel is another name for white gas, which is another name for naphtha. I am not entirely sure about this but I am pretty sure.

Yes, Coleman = white gas = naptha.

I'm just not convinced that Zippo is the same stuff.

But I've been wrong before... maybe...
Well , for a long time Naptha was listed on the container .... just sayin :D

Check out the side of the can on this older one ...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144754721144?ha ... R_rw9MD4YA
I must have posted teh wrong link ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ .... the link I wanted to post showed an old Zippo fluid container with the contents as Naptha
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.