Serial Cereal addiction

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ive been a Cereal Junkie all my life and still am . My mother did well by my brother and I by not getting " sugar cereals " very often . I ate a lot of Rasin Bran , Life , Rice Krispies , Mini wheats and Corn Flakes . Those were " regulars " and being grass isnt addicting , Ill say they were the low buzz varieties . But damn it , my brother and I really jonesed for the good stuff ..... addicts we were

Ya know , the crack stuff ....

Sugar Smacks
Corn Pops
Golden Grahams

And then there was the Heroin ...

Captain Crunch
King Vitamin
Honey Comb

But the real thing was the lsd ....

Frakenberry
Fruity Pebbles
Quisp

Sometimes , one particular buzz isnt enough and you have to mix it up a bit . Todays was a mixture of low buzz and lsd ...

Life mixed with fruity pebbles ... it was very pleasurable

However , to this day .. the best cereal is Corn Flakes / bananas /with a little honey .But you cant have it every day because then it wears off
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Cream of Wheat and Oatmeal for Hot Cereals and Rice and Wheat Chex for Cold Cereals. All with nuts or fruits of some type.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I will occasionally eat plain oatmeal, but not often.

I have not eaten the kind of cereal you are talking about for probably 45 years.

I am glad you are young at heart. I am more of a Scrooge McGruel kind of personality, savoring oatmeal boiled in simple water when that is the most appetizing option.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

simplepipes wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:14 pm Cream of Wheat and Oatmeal for Hot Cereals and Rice and Wheat Chex for Cold Cereals. All with nuts or fruits of some type.

-sp
God , I love oatmeal . You ever get the Dates , Rasins and walnut one ?!?! Man , its fantastic

Chex fits in the low buzz [ regular ] category .. meaning Mom would let us get those . All the Chex are good . The rice Chex are real good but very light . I ate an entire box throughout a day , probably more than once . I could practically drink a bowl of that cereal
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:16 pm
I have not eaten the kind of cereal you are talking about for probably 45 years.

:shock: .... :o ..... :? ..... :roll: ... I dont believe you . Surely , you jest :facepalm:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:22 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:14 pm Cream of Wheat and Oatmeal for Hot Cereals and Rice and Wheat Chex for Cold Cereals. All with nuts or fruits of some type.

-sp
God , I love oatmeal . You ever get the Dates , Rasins and walnut one ?!?! Man , its fantastic

Chex fits in the low buzz [ regular ] category .. meaning Mom would let us get those . All the Chex are good . The rice Chex are real good but very light . I ate an entire box throughout a day , probably more than once . I could practically drink a bowl of that cereal
These days I cheat and buy instant packages . . . make it with skim milk add a little splenda brown sugar and walnuts. That was this morning's breakfast.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Oh man there aren't many cereals that I don't love. But cinnamon toast crunch is the one that I'd actually throw hands to get the last box of
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

[media][/media]
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:26 pm Image
Heroin is right! Cap’n Crunch, Quake, and Quisp were all the bomb. My brother loved Quisp, but I was a Quake man. Every day after breakfast it was throw down time who was stronger. lol 😆

If the Cap’n and derivative cereals were heroin, Sugar Smacks and Sugar Crisp were speedballs. I’m jonesing for a big ol mixing bowl full now!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Oh man, I LOVED me some Sugar Smacks! Didn't often get'em, though. My cereal life as a kid was mostly that puffed wheat and puffed rice that used to come in those plastic bags...anybody remember those? In the fall/winter I ate a lot of oatmeal and cream of wheat, usually with a side of nicely toasted homemade bread slathered with butter.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-