Flabbergasted

kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:28 pm I tried to think of a word to describe what occured today. And it was Flabbergasted.
I, too, had been admiring the rock pipes made by @rekamepip and reached out to inquire about getting one. I was super excited when he said "yes, I'll send you one" and told my wife all about pipestone, the national monument, and the pipe. Friday comes around and the package arrives and my wife gets it from the porch, "I thought that you were just getting a pipe." Yes, what do you mean? Well, the box was QUITE large and weighed in enough to be not just a pipe but the rest of the rock that it was made from. I opened the package after putting our daughter down and was floored. Besides being busy the past couple days, I was unsure of just want to say about this package. However, @Piping Abe has found the word: Flabbergasted! I need to get some pictures, but my "little" package looks a lot like his. In addition to the rock pipe that I had asked about, a second rock pipe, corncob, and wooden churchwarden pipe were included along with more tobacco than I can smoke in the next year or so! Amazing. THANK YOU to @rekamepip for the extreme generosity and kindness. MUCH APPRECIATION!

I have been involved in several hobby forums over the years for various things (e.g., beer, board games, pipes), but none have been more welcoming and generous than PSF. I've made friends and traded on other forums, but this place is beyond comparison. It's difficult to express the thankfulness for what has been given. I definitely have my work cut out for me in figuring out how to pay this both foward and backward!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

kschatey wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:53 am
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:28 pm I tried to think of a word to describe what occured today. And it was Flabbergasted.
I, too, had been admiring the rock pipes made by @rekamepip and reached out to inquire about getting one. I was super excited when he said "yes, I'll send you one" and told my wife all about pipestone, the national monument, and the pipe. Friday comes around and the package arrives and my wife gets it from the porch, "I thought that you were just getting a pipe." Yes, what do you mean? Well, the box was QUITE large and weighed in enough to be not just a pipe but the rest of the rock that it was made from. I opened the package after putting our daughter down and was floored. Besides being busy the past couple days, I was unsure of just want to say about this package. However, @Piping Abe has found the word: Flabbergasted! I need to get some pictures, but my "little" package looks a lot like his. In addition to the rock pipe that I had asked about, a second rock pipe, corncob, and wooden churchwarden pipe were included along with more tobacco than I can smoke in the next year or so! Amazing. THANK YOU to @rekamepip for the extreme generosity and kindness. MUCH APPRECIATION!

I have been involved in several hobby forums over the years for various things (e.g., beer, board games, pipes), but none have been more welcoming and generous than PSF. I've made friends and traded on other forums, but this place is beyond comparison. It's difficult to express the thankfulness for what has been given. I definitely have my work cut out for me in figuring out how to pay this both foward and backward!
Very nice!!! It's like Rocktobermas !

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

His tobacco blending prowess is grossly understated as well. When he sent mine there were 2 blends which were both fantastic. One bit me no matter what I did (which pissed me off greatly because it was delicious) and one of the lucky bastards after me in the box pass got it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

I'm back from my travels and finally vertical after some unexpected post-treatment unpleasantness... Since I know everybody has been on the edges of their seats for days now, I am happy to finally show off these beautastic pieces of functional art made by @rekamepip and so generously sent to me to use and cherish for many years to come...

There were a few samples included in the box as well... ;)

Again, many, Many, MANY thanks and MUCH appreciation to @rekamepip for the Rocktobermas surprise! It shall not be forgotten.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:55 am

I'm back from my travels and finally vertical after some unexpected post-treatment unpleasantness... Since I know everybody has been on the edges of their seats for days now, I am happy to finally show off these beautastic pieces of functional art made by @rekamepip and so generously sent to me to use and cherish for many years to come...

Again, many, Many, MANY thanks and MUCH appreciation to @rekamepip for the Rocktobermas surprise! It shall not be forgotten.
That panel cob is rad! And the tobacco (except for the McC lol) is equally awesome!
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:08 am
kschatey wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:55 am

That panel cob is rad! And the tobacco (except for the McC lol) is equally awesome!
Yes and yes! The cob is definitely unique; it looks and feels really nice. The unequal octoaon/8-panel design is sweet. But let's not forget the super cool churchpear pipe and the super duper special rockies that I can't stop staring at. I have them all on my desk in a pipe stand from the Phantom Box and I can't stop admiring them. They are taunting me endlessly; I hope to fire them up this weekend if I can kick the problems I've been having this week.

I did the sniff check on all of the blends, of course, and the McC/PS VA/PS Amsterdam does smell mighty good. I have already decided that it will be the first one into the rockies!

I'm very excited about all of the blends, but the history behind the MB Golden Extra has always intrigued me. I'm still looking for the camera that @rekamepip has hidden in my house because he somehow nailed all of these blends since I haven't had any of them. I know many are custom, but I haven't even had the base blends! But then again, even if I had, these are also all vintage. I've been so spoiled!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

@kschatey you're in for a treat with the golden extra. It's one of those low key excellent smokes and with age it's even better
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@kschatey my Bradford Pear pipe smokes extremly well. Since I like the natural hardwood look, its easily one of my favorite pipes now.
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:04 am @kschatey my Bradford Pear pipe smokes extremly well. Since I like the natural hardwood look, its easily one of my favorite pipes now.
Looks like you've been using it for some stout tobacco, too!
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:41 am @kschatey you're in for a treat with the golden extra. It's one of those low key excellent smokes and with age it's even better
Sounds nice. That will be the second blend I'll try from this new selection then! Thanks.