Flabbergasted

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I tried to think of a word to describe what occured today. And it was Flabbergasted.

Short time ago me and some others were trying to find Rock pipes for Rocktober. Come to find out John @rekamepip is the local man behind these pipes. He made a few and I asked him what he would want to get my hands on one. All he asked for was my address. Already full of gratitude, I awaited the Rockcob in the mail. Today the package landed. Huge box in my mail box. I thought, man I guess this must be a huge boulder of a pipe.

I opened it… boy was I not prepared. It was like an endless box of mylar bags and pipes! I was flabbergasted! In a seperate box was not only 1 Rockcob but 2! There was also another natural burl Hardwood style pipe I love so much and a modified panel cob.

The tobacco is all aged, fantastic goodness. Including some Sugar Barrel, which I thought i’d never get to try.

Today was a busy day but as I smoke through these pipes, i’ll post more pics.

John, your a standup guy. Not sure if you wanted any recognition but damn you deserve it. Thanks for this man. I really appreciate this. I’ve never met more giving and genuine people than I have on PSF. And for that I am truly grateful to know you guys.

Alright, enough of that nice guy crap. John, your the man! :king:

Silver
Certified Codger

WOW!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:28 pm I tried to think of a word to describe what occured today. And it was Flabbergasted.

Short time ago me and some others were trying to find Rock pipes for Rocktober. Come to find out John @rekamepip is the local man behind these pipes. He made a few and I asked him what he would want to get my hands on one. All he asked for was my address. Already full of gratitude, I awaited the Rockcob in the mail. Today the package landed. Huge box in my mail box. I thought, man I guess this must be a huge boulder of a pipe.

I opened it… boy was I not prepared. It was like an endless box of mylar bags and pipes! I was flabbergasted! In a seperate box was not only 1 Rockcob but 2! There was also another natural burl Hardwood style pipe I love so much and a modified panel cob.

The tobacco is all aged, fantastic goodness. Including some Sugar Barrel, which I thought i’d never get to try.

Today was a busy day but as I smoke through these pipes, i’ll post more pics.

John, your a standup guy. Not sure if you wanted any recognition but damn you deserve it. Thanks for this man. I really appreciate this. I’ve never met more giving and genuine people than I have on PSF. And for that I am truly grateful to know you guys.

Alright, enough of that nice guy crap. John, your the man! :king:

Yep. He's an awesome individual! Enjoy your goodies
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

His Rockcobs are great smokers, enjoy!
The Troll Whisperer
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Welcome to the 10th Rocktoberfest !
Happy Smoking
Nhsmoker

Forgive my ignorance but what is a rockcob?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Its not surprising . He's a total trip !

Enjoy :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

You're both Thing approved!!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Nhsmoker wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:49 am Forgive my ignorance but what is a rockcob?
It’s a pipe made from pipestone/rock.

Nhsmoker

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:47 am
Nhsmoker wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:49 am Forgive my ignorance but what is a rockcob?
It’s a pipe made from pipestone/rock.

That is a very attractive pipe!