All the way?

ncrobb
Founding Member

Just curious, when you order a burger “all the way”, what do you expect to get? I’ve been going in the local What-A-Burger (the Carolina version) for probably 50 years. Since I was old enough to pay for what I ordered it’s been pretty much the same: a What-A-Cheeseburger - all the way, large hush puppy and a large Witch Doctor. In my world of traditional Sourhernese, “all the way” means chilli, slaw, mustard and onions. It always has. Always. Tonight I dropped in for my usual as my wife was at a church function. When I got my tray I was appalled at the abomination I had been served.

What is this lettuce and tomato mess on my cheeseburger? I am fearful there is someone new in the kitchen or maybe some type of miscommunication happened?
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 pm Just curious, when you order a burger “all the way”, what do you expect to get? I’ve been going in the local What-A-Burger (the Carolina version) for probably 50 years. Since I was old enough to pay for what I ordered it’s been pretty much the same: a What-A-Cheeseburger - all the way, large hush puppy and a large Witch Doctor. In my world of traditional Sourhernese, “all the way” means chilli, slaw, mustard and onions. It always has. Always. Tonight I dropped in for my usual as my wife was at a church function. When I got my tray I was appalled at the abomination I had been served.

What is this lettuce and tomato mess on my cheeseburger? I am fearful there is someone new in the kitchen or maybe some type of miscommunication happened?
I went to in n out the other night and ordered my wife a flying dutchman with grilled onions and spread. Got a dutchman with a slice of raw onion and no spread. Newbies screw everything up
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

ncrobb wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 pm Just curious, when you order a burger “all the way”, what do you expect to get? I’ve been going in the local What-A-Burger (the Carolina version) for probably 50 years. Since I was old enough to pay for what I ordered it’s been pretty much the same: a What-A-Cheeseburger - all the way, large hush puppy and a large Witch Doctor. In my world of traditional Sourhernese, “all the way” means chilli, slaw, mustard and onions. It always has. Always. Tonight I dropped in for my usual as my wife was at a church function. When I got my tray I was appalled at the abomination I had been served.

I looked up "Sourhernese" and your post is all that showed up! Fat fingered miss spelled word or something else??

For what it's worth, your burger and puppies look good!!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:23 pm

I looked up "Sourhernese" and your post is all that showed up! Fat fingered miss spelled word or something else??

For what it's worth, your burger and puppies look good!!
Fwiw I totally understood what he meant by southernese. As a matter of fact I've been told that I "talk country" which is a byproduct of A- blowing my ears apart and 2- not liking to talk to people so I mumble a good bit and talk fast :lol:
ncrobb
Founding Member

Southernese. I fat fingered it.

Chilli, slaw, onions and mustard. Burgers or hot dogs. Tomatos and lettuce go with bacon on a BLT.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

As long as mayo isnt involved , Im good . I dont eat that stuff
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

So what are those tube lookin things ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
kschatey

ncrobb wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 pm Just curious, when you order a burger “all the way”, what do you expect to get?
White Castle CRAVE FEAST MEAL = 30 Cheese Sliders, 2 Sacks of French Fries, and 20 piece Chicken Rings!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:34 pm As long as mayo isnt involved , Im good . I dont eat that stuff
I actually use mayo instead of butter for a grilled sammich or buns for burgers, etc. It really highlights the flavor of the bread a lot more. I know it sounds crazy but try it sometime if you're feeling adventurous
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:35 pm

So what are those tube lookin things ?
Hush puppies. They are made by a chaulk gun looking thing that pushes out an equal amount of dough every time you work the trigger. They are delicious.