A List of Tobaccos; What are your thoughts?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

St Bruno is good and Condor is excellent. Condor however is not the same anymore since it has been bought out by a different company. I forgot how the story went but it is now made in Poland.

Living in England you have the opportunity to get things locally that we cannot get across the pond without jumping through hoops.
People like to refer to lake district blend tobacco as soapy. That smell and taste they are referring to is a floral. Rose, Lavander, Geranium...etc. it's delicious.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I like St. Bruno, but the flavor seems to have changed to me. It is less bergamot and less intense. I like it and all but just not so much.

I have smoked very little Condor (but liked it). I can't comment on changes with that one.

SWR and Carter Hall are constants in a sea of change.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:56 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:44 pm 1792 will put hair on your chest, after it rips it out of your more sensitive areas.
Now you made me want some 1792
Heavy deer tongue too.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:38 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:56 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:44 pm 1792 will put hair on your chest, after it rips it out of your more sensitive areas.
Now you made me want some 1792
Heavy deer tongue too.
Probably tonquin nowadays. But sign me up regardless
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Can't go wrong with SWR and Carter Hall, in my opinion.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
JimPM

SWR and Carter are long standing OTC classics still very good
kschatey

PiperT wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:58 am
He told me a story too It must have been around the 70s or 80s?; "I remember an old guy in a pub with a knife and a big solid chunk of tobacco he cut it up and mixed onion with it..."

I imagine it is some kind of plug tobacco, what the onion was for I have no idea!
NO
Now this is something I want to know more about!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Soap flavored aromatics , like Condor , are enjoyed by many .. not me but other guys . Its like any aromatic / flavored blend . If you like the flavoring then you're half way there at the onset. Its no doubt one to try , if for any reason to figure your level of jadedness and TPD .. Tobacco Pervision Disorder

I get Royal Comfort confused with Wineberry . I remember liking one ok but not the other

Carter Hall is fantastic and SWR is also . Pretty straight forward stuff

Hell , I'm on my phone and now can't remember the other blends you mentioned and it's too hard to go back without losing what I've typed
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.