Peterson Shape Chart

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:51 pm Ok...all you Peterson System, p-lip smokers...I'm brand new to the that whole thing, and I think I'm...shudder...converted! I'm noticing a coupla things;

1. A bowl of tobacco lasts longer than it does in the pots I smoke. I know that's not just about capacity, because I have some fairly capacious pots. But I smoke three bowls in the Pete in the time I'd smoke six in one of my pots.
2. The tobaccos I like taste...better? Smoother? Argh...I feel stupid saying it, but it seems the smoke is um...smokier? Creamier? Is that a p-lip thing?

Do you relate to any of this?
The hole in the p lip is smaller. Slows down the airflow which slows down the burn and concentrates the flavor
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:51 pm Ok...all you Peterson System, p-lip smokers...I'm brand new to the that whole thing, and I think I'm...shudder...converted! I'm noticing a coupla things;

1. A bowl of tobacco lasts longer than it does in the pots I smoke. I know that's not just about capacity, because I have some fairly capacious pots. But I smoke three bowls in the Pete in the time I'd smoke six in one of my pots.
2. The tobaccos I like taste...better? Smoother? Argh...I feel stupid saying it, but it seems the smoke is um...smokier? Creamier? Is that a p-lip thing?

Do you relate to any of this?
On your #2, Peterson claims that is true and due to the smoke going to the roof of your mouth and then expanding throughout your whole mouth/tongue. Not just hitting one spot.

#1 I don’t know, but that is great!

Best part about a system pipe, no need to worry about drilling!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Theres only one Peterson 14B POY 22 left for regular price. Debating on pulling the trigger..
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:28 pm Theres only one Peterson 14B POY 22 left for regular price. Debating on pulling the trigger..
Do it!
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

@Mr Beardsley & @Piping Abe; whew! It's good to know it's not all my imagination! LOL
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:28 pm Theres only one Peterson 14B POY 22 left for regular price. Debating on pulling the trigger..
Nah. That thing has a face only a mother could love
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:57 pm
It has the same rustication as my Peterson Christmas Pipe. Which I love. Would rather have that pipe in a sandblast or smooth though.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:03 pm
It has the same rustication as my Peterson Christmas Pipe. Which I love. Would rather have that pipe in a sandblast or smooth though.
Your Christmas pipe is a good looker. Those POY... Not so much
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

But how do you really feel?
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

pipedrum22 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:15 pm
But how do you really feel?
LOL. I'm not the one to sugar coat anything