Let’s talk Hot Sauce

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:39 pm @MikeDennison do you have favorites in the scotch bonnet hot sauce world? I apologize if you already mentioned it here but I'm lazy today
Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce is a good place to start. It's in a lot of stores, and you can order it on Amazon as well.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:33 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:39 pm @MikeDennison do you have favorites in the scotch bonnet hot sauce world? I apologize if you already mentioned it here but I'm lazy today
Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce is a good place to start. It's in a lot of stores, and you can order it on Amazon as well.
Thank you. Off to Amazon to add it to my list
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:42 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:33 pm
Thank you. Off to Amazon to add it to my list
Let me know how you like it! I discovered it via some Jamaican friends, and it's become my hot sauce of choice. And, it seems like each of the Caribbean nations have their own version of it. Barbadian style scotch bonnet sauce is also very good.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Here I am dedicated to bumping this thread again... We have a favorite meal around here. I grill up a pork loin using Meat Church Gospel seasoning (get some. Trust me) and we like to dice up some of the leftover pork and mix it up with chow mein noodles from our local favorite along with extra veggies. Well I hit it with some of the Louisiana hot sauce (first time on this dish since I haven't had it long) and man it was great. It highlighted the sweets and savories and added a little bit of heat. Amazing semi homemade meal. Probably sacrilegious to say but I actually liked it more than when I'd hit it with El Yucateco
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:31 pm Here I am …….with some of the Louisiana hot sauce ……….. Probably sacrilegious to say but I actually liked it more ….. than when I'd hit it with El Yucateco

You’re really a thread killer….,,
Ok guys let’s wrap this one up

:lol:
Presby John-Dave

This thread inspired me awhile back to pick up more hot sauce. I got Dave's Insanity sauce, and my boys were suffering through it. Fun stuff. I picked up Secret Aardvark sauce. I'll put a little dab on a spoon and just savor the flavors.

I got a homemade sauce from a friend. It was one of the best sauces I've ever had. https://www.instagram.com/restorative_r ... apy/?hl=en
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

This stuff is awesome if you can find it. I have no idea of the brand. It is a hot chili oil.

It can go with just about anything. It's not overly hot, but it is a different kind of heat.

You'll have to go to an Asian specialty store to find it. I get it at a 99 Ranch Market. They carry several different brands of hot chili oil. Some of them taste like arse. This one, for me, is the best.

I wish I knew what to call it...

ever forward
kschatey

arturo7 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:00 am This stuff is awesome if you can find it. I have no idea of the brand. It is a hot chili oil.

It can go with just about anything. It's not overly hot, but it is a different kind of heat.

You'll have to go to an Asian specialty store to find it. I get it at a 99 Ranch Market. They carry several different brands of hot chili oil. Some of them taste like arse. This one, for me, is the best.

"Spicy Chili Sauce" ;)
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

kschatey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:05 am

"Spicy Chili Sauce" ;)
Dancers at a Bus Stop?
ever forward
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:00 am This stuff is awesome if you can find it. I have no idea of the brand. It is a hot chili oil.

Is that sort of like the crunchy garlic chili oil from trader Joe's?