Let’s talk Hot Sauce

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Tried this last week and already gone through the first bottle so off to the store for more
!

It is not real hot on my personal temperature scale preference
has good flavor, slight smoky flavor with more of an aged pepper profile
3.5 stars out of 5star rating
Ronv69
Founding Member

I stick with Cholula and Tobasco. I learned to not experiment with hot sauce at a young age.
God and Texas!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I’m boring. I really love Franks and Franks Buffalo Wing. Can’t eat chicken without it.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:29 pm I stick with Cholula and Tobasco. I learned to not experiment with hot sauce at a young age.
The Tabasco Chipotle sauce is really good - you’d probably like it ! Actually I just looked up the Tabasco website and see the have a few in their section that i haven’t seen around here 😀
Presby John-Dave

rekamepip wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:35 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:29 pm I stick with Cholula and Tobasco. I learned to not experiment with hot sauce at a young age.
The Tabasco Chipotle sauce is really good - you’d probably like it ! Actually I just looked up the Tabasco website and see the have a few in their section that i haven’t seen around here 😀
Add that to a little mayo, and the results are fantastic. I enjoy anything chipotle and/or adobo.

I picked up an Old Bay hot sauce a while back that was very good.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Puff nstuff

We always have lot of bottled hot sauces on tap. I love the Huichol! And Cholula. Tapatio and Valentina are in the fridge, along with Yucateco habanero and, of course, Tabasco. Buffalo chipotle is yummy, and we usually have some sort of green hot sauce, too. My wife is Mexican; ironically her favorite everyday sauce is the sambal from the company that makes the rooster sriracha. I also like Lingham's a lot.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Tabasco is my favorite, the Chipotle version is good too and so is Sambal hot garlic sauce. That's about all I use at home.
The Troll Whisperer
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

The entire left door of my fridge is all hot sauce. I have a problem lol. Aardvark is probably my all time favorite. Great on everything
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Silver
Certified Codger

My tastes run from milder Jalapeno sauces to medium Cayenne/Tabasco sauces. I have a bunch of different brands in my fridge too. Even a couple pint jars of thicker/chunky sauces made with peppers from my garden. One is jalapeno, the other, a blend of ripe (red) serrano, thai and cayenne peppers. I don't venture into the habanero and hotter sauces very often.
Presby John-Dave

pipedrum22 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:15 pm The entire left door of my fridge is all hot sauce. I have a problem lol. Aardvark is probably my all time favorite. Great on everything
If we're talking Secret Aardvark sauce, then you have a new best friend. I lived in Portland, Oregon, for about 10 years, where it's made (I left right before the city went totally down the drain and moved to Alabama, actually).

That sauce has a special place in my heart.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh