arturo7
Member in Good Standing

It has been a long time since I lit a bowl of 965.

This was the blend that first drew me in.

Over past few the years, I've done my best to try everything, and it has been awesome. I think I've done a decent job of trying everything.

Burleys, Cavs, Virginias, Orientals, various aromatics, navys...

Plugs, flakes, ribbons, shags...

Tonight was the first time I've put flame to 965 in at least 5 years. It has always been patiently waiting in it's jar.

Damn

It feels like coming home.

Think I'll have another.
ever forward
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Before the internet , 965 was [ or maybe still is ] immensely popular . It was one I carried in my shop and sold just behind PS EOS . I had a good many tourists come in the shop , being near Busch Gardens , and people from all over smoked it . Id say it was and is a Benchmark English . Enjoy !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

In all honesty I think that the only actual Dunhill brand blend I've tried is dark flake. I smoke the sutliff Elizabethan match and never had the original. Never had nightcap, 965, early morning pipe, etc etc etc. But I definitely know that feeling of firing up an old favorite after a long time apart. Enjoy
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:40 am Before the internet , 965 was [ or maybe still is ] immensely popular . It as one I carried in my shop and sold just behind PS EOS . I had a good many tourists come in the shop , being near Busch Gardens , and people from all over smoked it ...
Can you tell me what PS EOS means?

Are you hinting that the internet killed 965 or are you just saying that you owned a B&M before the internet? I reread what you said and I am thinking you don't watch the tobacco market the way you used to when you had to make a living managing inventory.

This is the Busch Gardens in Orlando, right?

I know I am getting off topic. I am waiting to learn what 965 is. If it is good enough for @arturo7 , I would like to try it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

@Citizen B PS EOS is Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:11 pm @Citizen B PS EOS is Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme
Boy, that's a mouthful. Thanks! ;)
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:01 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:40 am Before the internet , 965 was [ or maybe still is ] immensely popular . It as one I carried in my shop and sold just behind PS EOS . I had a good many tourists come in the shop , being near Busch Gardens , and people from all over smoked it ...
Can you tell me what PS EOS means?

Are you hinting that the internet killed 965 or are you just saying that you owned a B&M before the internet? I reread what you said and I am thinking you don't watch the tobacco market the way you used to when you had to make a living managing inventory.

This is the Busch Gardens in Orlando, right?

I know I am getting off topic. I am waiting to learn what 965 is. If it is good enough for @arturo7 , I would like to try it.
EOS is English Oriental Supreme . Its an amazing blend . I guess what I think is this .. Im sure 965 was really popular . I remember when the first internet stuff came up , like gray Fox , and then the original PSF . Early on ... there was a lot of talk of 965 , because it was popular without the internet . But some years later it wasnt mentioned too much ... especially with the poo pooing of Dunhill because they are / were Dunhill . I mean , suddenly with the internet ... " Dunhill pipes are over rated " or " Dunhill quality isnt really that great ... here try .. Invicta .. lol , which was by far the worst POY ever attempted by folks that could only dream of working in a Dunhill facility , imho .

I dont think the internet killed 965 . For all I know 965 is still hugely popular . But as far as discussion , which is all I can go by anymore , lets just say the " internet types " , who know everything apparently , put spins on all kinds of topics .. imho :D

If you like a rich English Blend .. Id say 965 is one of the ones to try for sure .... EOS too , though its not as traditional . I can write a whole review of EOS if youd like
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:16 pm I can write a whole review of EOS if youd like
Would love to hear it
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:56 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:16 pm I can write a whole review of EOS if youd like
Would love to hear it
Same. It's one that I continually look at and forget to order
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

when that 965 gets some age on her its certainly something else, enjoy!
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue