Smell and Taste Recovered?

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:45 pm chances are the shots wont either
I wouldn't be so sure. Insurance companies looking at policies, actuaries pouring over data, SADS, fibrous clots, majority of covid related hospital admissions are vaccinated individuals... I could go on and on. No offense to anyone who got it, but I'm glad I didn't. The whole mess was a trial run for things to come. Did you see Pfizer before the European Council recently? "There was no time to test... We had to get it to market."
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:05 pm I never got it. Or the shot(s). And I was exposed to it plenty of times
At work a fellow bought it home from a cruise early on before lockdowns. We all got what we thought was the flu. We all assume it was the vid now.

Later, I got a typical runny nose this past spring or the spring before ??? Time flies... Anyway it wasn't unusual for allergy season and I didn't feel sick. Maybe a week of it. Maybe. Then I realized I couldn't taste or smell. Lasted a few weeks. Probably the vid. So either twice or the first time wasn't. Never tested myself. Speaking of tests... when the Post office was sending out the free tests up here... y'know the home tests that were out in mailboxes in our upstate NY subzero north weather... the ones labeled "do not freeze." Gotta love it. Why yes, I am cynical.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:45 pm ...tasted like a mix of cooper and bleach.
Sounds very like what I had! Everything tasted like metal to me. Sweet metal, hot metal, salty metal, etc etc. No distinction in tastes though; it was all metal. Ugh.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:21 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:05 pm I never got it. Or the shot(s). And I was exposed to it plenty of times
Why yes, I am cynical.
:lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

Same
Exposed on a large scale every day at work
I did read that “science” now believes that 10% of the population is immune for reasons not worth getting into here.
My youngest daughter and son-in-law have it. Was chastised by the Department That Tells Me What To Do Department for being pissed-off that he gave it to our daughter. Daughter said this is worse than the first time she got it which is what I am hearing from the peoples peoples at work.
Middle Earth

I have a list of things I don’t discuss in public or anywhere. Occasionally I will cross some of those lines here and there but not at work or in public.

China Bug/Shots/masks…anything related
Religion
Politics
Added Pit-Bulls to the list a few months ago.

This saves me from a lot of weirdness
Presby John-Dave

Middle Earth wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:24 am I have a list of things I don’t discuss in public or anywhere. Occasionally I will cross some of those lines here and there but not at work or in public.

Religion
Politics

I bet there are some great stories behind these topics being off limits.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Middle Earth

Presby John-Dave wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:36 am
Middle Earth wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:24 am I have a list of things I don’t discuss in public or anywhere. Occasionally I will cross some of those lines here and there but not at work or in public.

Religion
Politics

I bet there are some great stories behind these topics being off limits.
Yes from my perspective 🤐
Ronv69
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:21 pm
At work a fellow bought it home from a cruise early on before lockdowns. We all got what we thought was the flu. We all assume it was the vid now.

Later, I got a typical runny nose this past spring or the spring before ??? Time flies... Anyway it wasn't unusual for allergy season and I didn't feel sick. Maybe a week of it. Maybe. Then I realized I couldn't taste or smell. Lasted a few weeks. Probably the vid. So either twice or the first time wasn't. Never tested myself. Speaking of tests... when the Post office was sending out the free tests up here... y'know the home tests that were out in mailboxes in our upstate NY subzero north weather... the ones labeled "do not freeze." Gotta love it. Why yes, I am cynical.
Most people of both parties consider the government to be the biggest problem facing the United States.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Religion
Politics

I had to recently add pit bulls too. So many people with small kids have them. They say they just sweet puppies and they are from my experience, but the statistics tell a much different story.
God and Texas!