I lost to April Larson, 1-3

PoolShooter

It was a pretty fun day Image
“My beard is getting veddey long. I muss tell Vladimir.”
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Wow thats pretty awesome. At least you got 1 in!
PoolShooter

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:05 am Wow thats pretty awesome. At least you got 1 in!
Yeah I was the first person to get 1 on her when she was in town. Her sportsmanship is insanely good. She complimented my break. She’s a real class act.
ncrobb
Founding Member

I think there is a congrats due somewhere by the sound of it. I’m not up on the game but good showing.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
PoolShooter

ncrobb wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:33 am I think there is a congrats due somewhere by the sound of it. I’m not up on the game but good showing.
She’s a pro, and if you follow poker(I don’t), she’s David Larson’s daughter. She’s a national champion.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

ncrobb wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:33 am I think there is a congrats due somewhere by the sound of it. I’m not up on the game but good showing.
Ditto!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Well done!👍
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

8-) Pretty cool that you took one! My uncle was an old friend of Minnisota Fats and he took me to meet him when I about 10. Nice gentleman. He and my uncle played a couple of games for old times sake. My uncle was much better than I could have imagined, but Fats was Fats. Kept me from having any ambitions in that area.
God and Texas!
PoolShooter

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:02 pm 8-) Pretty cool that you took one! My uncle was an old friend of Minnisota Fats and he took me to meet him when I about 10. Nice gentleman. He and my uncle played a couple of games for old times sake. My uncle was much better than I could have imagined, but Fats was Fats. Kept me from having any ambitions in that area.
Fats was a legend. I used to hang out open till close at Hard Times Billiards in Sacramento California, and met and practiced with top level players. I moved to Arizona, and people out here were talking about Hard Times Billiards so I googled all the people I met there and my mind was blown.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Used to watch a lot of pool. Got told to watch The Color of Money and was not dissapointed. I suck as a player.