Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 am
Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:03 am Image
I hope she is treating you well.
Very well, I use it everyday 👍
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'm glad I used the search button instead of starting a new topic that would end up being redundant. Has anyone ever used or tried to use an Ulu or similar for cutting tobacco? It seems like the natural cutting motion would be perfect but I think I'd prefer a single edge bevel instead of both sides of the blade being ground. Thoughts? Experiences?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

I use the orange one.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:49 am I'm glad I used the search button instead of starting a new topic that would end up being redundant. Has anyone ever used or tried to use an Ulu or similar for cutting tobacco? It seems like the natural cutting motion would be perfect but I think I'd prefer a single edge bevel instead of both sides of the blade being ground. Thoughts? Experiences?
It's great for lettuce and onions.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:58 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:49 am I'm glad I used the search button instead of starting a new topic that would end up being redundant. Has anyone ever used or tried to use an Ulu or similar for cutting tobacco? It seems like the natural cutting motion would be perfect but I think I'd prefer a single edge bevel instead of both sides of the blade being ground. Thoughts? Experiences?
I already have a knife for that. They do look like a good chopping addition to the kitchen though
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:17 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:58 pm
I already have a knife for that. They do look like a good chopping addition to the kitchen though
If you are going to chop up several plugs to jar it would probably be great. It couldn't hurt to add to your kitchen knives anyway. They make a matching bowl for this knife too. Made to work together like a mortor and pestle.
Last edited by Ronv69 on Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Here's another one that I use on plugs. It's relatively cheap and holds a great edge too. Plus it has a churchkey, a marlin spike and a shackle wrench. Sailor's knife.
God and Texas!
ncrobb
Founding Member

I’ve made a couple and tried to use them but I must not be holding my mouth right. After 50+ years of holding a handle and having the cutting edge extended out further I cannot get the hang of having the blade under my hand. I can barely use a head knife (aka a round knife) to cut leather. YMMV
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ive got one from Alaska . Jennifers mom scored one while there years ago . The one I have , the steel is too thick , imho , for slicing plug . Even with the type edge it has .Yeah , I wouldnt use it for that but maybe somebody else has " the touch " with it but I dont think I could swing it

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.