Latest Pipe Purchase 2023

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Not purchased, but generously given to me by @ncrobb; a Peterson System Standard 307 in fantastic condition. Many thanks, Robb! She's a beauty!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Silver
Certified Codger

Very nice!
ncrobb
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:24 pm Not purchased, but generously given to me by @ncrobb; a Peterson System Standard 307 in fantastic condition. Many thanks, Robb! She's a beauty!
Let us know how it smokes!
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

ncrobb wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:39 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:24 pm Not purchased, but generously given to me by @ncrobb; a Peterson System Standard 307 in fantastic condition. Many thanks, Robb! She's a beauty!
Putting the first bowl through it right now! Smokes nice and easy, great draw, no effort. Due to the p-lip I have to take more of the stem into my mouth for the clench, but that's just something to get used to. And the smoke feels different in the mouth, hitting the palate instead of the tounge...but it's not unpleasant, just unfamiliar. All in all, so far, I'm lovin' this pipe! :thumbs:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

That's one heck of a fancy pipe ya got there! Enjoy!
The Troll Whisperer
rekamepip
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:46 pm
Putting the first bowl through it right now! Smokes nice and easy, great draw, no effort. Due to the p-lip I have to take more of the stem into my mouth for the clench, but that's just something to get used to. And the smoke feels different in the mouth, hitting the palate instead of the tounge...but it's not unpleasant, just unfamiliar. All in all, so far, I'm lovin' this pipe! :thumbs:
Yep it is a learning curve
Nice Pipe !
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

rekamepip wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:55 pm

Nice Pipe !
On the p lip, if you have really small drill bits, you can open them up incrementally and it makes a world of difference.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:14 pm
rekamepip wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:55 pm
Nice Pipe !
On the p lip, if you have really small drill bits, you can open them up incrementally and it makes a world of difference.
And change the direction of the airflow as well if you are so inclined.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I'm an idiot with tools, so would probably ruin it or something. 😆 So, I'd best leave well enough alone and enjoy it as it is.
PoolShooter

Rossi 8616

“My beard is getting veddey long. I muss tell Vladimir.”