Wanted: Peterson System Standard

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I'm looking to obtain a Peterson System Standard w/ vulcanite stem, in good condition.

I'm offering in trade the two pipes you see below.
1. A Butz Choquin Vendome pot. It's a pretty pipe, a good smoker, and in good shape.
2. A Doodler bull moose. Good shape, good smoker.

Anyone interested?

The BC Vendome is a longer, larger pipe than the Doodler. I'll provide measurements if you need'em.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I would be if I had one. Check out Wellington Pipes on eBay and Esty. They are vulcanite System Pipes. Made in America back in the day. A lot go up for sale. I got one brand new for not that much. They were made by WDC. The big ones were 10inch long. But they make small, medium and large ones. I love mine and I just got a tiny one. It needs to be cleaned though
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:20 pm I would be if I had one. Check out Wellington Pipes on eBay and Esty. They are vulcanite System Pipes. Made in America back in the day. A lot go up for sale. I got one brand new for not that much. They were made by WDC. The big ones were 10inch long. But they make small, medium and large ones. I love mine and I just got a tiny one. It needs to be cleaned though
Thanks, Abe! I'll take a peek.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:27 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:20 pm I would be if I had one. Check out Wellington Pipes on eBay and Esty. They are vulcanite System Pipes. Made in America back in the day. A lot go up for sale. I got one brand new for not that much. They were made by WDC. The big ones were 10inch long. But they make small, medium and large ones. I love mine and I just got a tiny one. It needs to be cleaned though
Thanks, Abe! I'll take a peek.
Here is mine. Westminster Ltd Wellbore. Same as a WDC. Probably made by them. Was brand freakin new. Just had to clean up the oxidized stem. I sanded it down today to 2000 grit. Looks better than this pic now

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I saw a baby wellington on the bay. It was too small (even for me)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:43 pm
Peterson 312 up top. Westminster middle. Little WDC bottom. Bowl and well is caked up. Marks on outside. Stem is heavily oxidized. Rim char. I could do it myself. But I don’t have the time. Off to Briarville it goes tomorrow.

ImageImage
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:42 pm
Peterson 312 up top. Westminster middle. Little WDC bottom. Bowl and well is caked up. Marks on outside. Stem is heavily oxidized. Rim char. I could do it myself. But I don’t have the time. Off to Briarville it goes tomorrow.

ImageImage
That's a good size. The one I saw was probably the size of my thumb. Total size, not the chamber
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I saw a baby wellington on the bay. It was too small (even for me
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

3 people added a wdc wellington junior to their watch list in the past day. Is it the three of you fellas? :lol:
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:30 am 3 people added a wdc wellington junior to their watch list in the past day. Is it the three of you fellas? :lol:
I think that one is on my watchlist but no measurements. How small is it?? Is that the size of your thumb?