Wanted: Peterson System Standard

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:50 am
simplepipes wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:26 pm Do you have a picture of what specifically you are looking for? I will certainly keep my eyes open.

-sp
Any Peterson System pipe with the top-drilled p-lip, whatever the shape.
Are you on facebook. Theres a few vintage petes on there
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:11 am Are you on facebook. Theres a few vintage petes on there
Nope. This is about as "social" and "media" as I get. :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:48 am Most people don't want to let go of their Petes unless they just can't get used to the P-lip. A guy on another forum bought a dozen and hated every one. He sold them at half price barely smoked. I got most of mine from eBay, but I did buy a few new ones.
I'm getting that impression! :lol: Well, it was worth a try. I'll start browsing the 'bay and a few other places.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Well, I'm calling this thread dead. 😆 Thanks for all the input, lads!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:44 pm Well, I'm calling this thread dead. 😆 Thanks for all the input, lads!
Thread isn’t dead until it gets derailed to the point of an unrecognizable state
Just sayin
ncrobb
Founding Member

I work with a guy named Pete. Great dude. The first time I met him was in Atlanta. He was very hungover/maybe still drunk on a Thursday morning. We were getting together for breakfast and then a formal meeting to plan a big customer event. He never skipped a beat. Wow, that was over 10 years ago.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ronv69
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:05 pm I work with a guy named Pete. Great dude. The first time I met him was in Atlanta. He was very hungover/maybe still drunk on a Thursday morning. We were getting together for breakfast and then a formal meeting to plan a big customer event. He never skipped a beat. Wow, that was over 10 years ago.
Nice but ineffective try. 😉
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:05 pm I work with a guy named Pete. Great dude. The first time I met him was in Atlanta. He was very hungover/maybe still drunk on a Thursday morning. We were getting together for breakfast and then a formal meeting to plan a big customer event. He never skipped a beat. Wow, that was over 10 years ago.
I knew a guy named Pete in high school that showed up hung over quite often. He's now a cop in the city we grew up in
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Pete and Repete were in a boat and Pete fell out...
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:38 pm
Nice but ineffective try. 😉
Ok, how about this?

Have you guys seen the bodies that come out of the PEAT bogs in Europe? Something about the tanic acid in the water preserved them. Archeologists/Historians/Scientists believe most of the bodies were ritual sacrifices from hundreds of years ago. Fascinating stuff.

Any better?
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett