Weather

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:40 am We're having weird weather in Texas, again. It's cold and rainy, (think northern Ireland), with no freezes forecast through end of February. This is a relief of course, after February of 21.
Our big freeze came early this winter.
The Great Freeze of 21 killed 92% of all the squirrels in North Texas. The trees and shrubs are still trying to recover. Now, at the end of January, our forsythias are blooming and the daffodils are starting to bloom. Has the weather always been this strange. I don't remember it being weird from my childhood, but we lived in Houston and only had 2 seasons. Image
Hell , you'd think a squirrel could keep warm a few days ... that sucks
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:48 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:23 pm It is in the mid-80s today (F). It is overcast at the moment and a little breezy. People from Denver find the thickness of the air oppressive. I love it. It is almost summer.
People from Houston find the air oppressive. 😜
Houston is no Beaumont. I hear Beaumont, Texas is like Bali. Beach weather.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:50 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:40 am We're having weird weather in Texas, again. It's cold and rainy, (think northern Ireland), with no freezes forecast through end of February. This is a relief of course, after February of 21.
The Great Freeze of 21 killed 92% of all the squirrels in North Texas. The trees and shrubs are still trying to recover. Now, at the end of January, our forsythias are blooming and the daffodils are starting to bloom. Has the weather always been this strange. I don't remember it being weird from my childhood, but we lived in Houston and only had 2 seasons. Image
We had 17 inches of snow on the ground for 2 weeks with -4 temps.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:48 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:23 pm It is in the mid-80s today (F). It is overcast at the moment and a little breezy. People from Denver find the thickness of the air oppressive. I love it. It is almost summer.
People from Houston find the air oppressive. 😜
Houston is no Beaumont. I hear Beaumont, Texas is like Bali. Beach weather.
You go ahead and move to Beaumont. You'll be the only one.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:53 pm
Poor guys . Is there anything in the works to import some there ?
kschatey

kschatey wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:18 am Rain, rain, and more rain here... followed by yet more rain. I think my house may turn into a boat and float away soon...
And... It's raining more and even harder now.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

It's a nice and sunny 65deg today. If the wind would stop blowing 40 mph it'd be a real nice day.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:19 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:53 pm

Poor guys . Is there anything in the works to import some there ?
They're recovering. A couple of good years later we have 3 in the yard. Hunting for them is still bleak though. They do breed like rats.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Unbelievably gorgeous day today here in NE Texas. We went to a market festival in Mims Chapel and had a drive on some of the prettiest roads you ever saw.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Yesterday was really nice and today is looking like it might be perfect as well . I didnt do shit yesterday but hang out outside a wander around . Id like to do the same today but ... we'll see