What Are You Smoking? February 2023

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:55 am
Wildcat wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:17 am
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:07 am

Having issues with it as well?
Not prepared this way.

It's wetter than it feels out of the bag, would you agree? Straight out of the bag I could go through a Bic lighter with all the relighting. I do like the flavor that I'm getting. I'm glad I grabbed the 1lb sample.

How goes it with you?
1 lb samples are the way to go...
I couldn't disagree anymore. I have a 1lb sample of Lanes Buttered rum with about less than 2 bowls smoked. Such a waste.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Forgot to post, I'm on bowl 2 of five brothers in the stanwell 77 with coffee

@Tsal you need to order 2lb of plain tobacco to mix with the lane junk and make it smokeable :lol: at least you got the fancy jar
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kendal Kentucky Vintage Cut in a Lorenzo Savona 725

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:51 am
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:37 am Enjoyed GL Pease Sixpence in the Wellington Wellbore this morning.

@Wildcat yeah man, I couldn’t keep it lit for nothing. My pipe was on fire. I air dried it for 48 hours, still sopping. 20 seconds in the microwave wasn’t good enough either. I left it on my car dashboard while at work. It was crunchy and dusty. I didn’t rub it out though. Still wouldn’t stay lit. I think dusty and rubbing it out like you did is the only way to go. And yes, the flavor is fantastic. But i’m wondering if its worth it. The tongue bite I was getting everyday from the relights was starting to piss me off.

Bite had to be coming from the heat/steam. Dried out there is no bite. I never rubbed it out as much as I did for today. I'm going to back off a hair. Also, I rub it out before drying and then after. It's worth it IMHO.
I do that with a couple of blends. Rub it, nuke it, light final crumble. The ones off the top of my head that I do it to are sutliff err match, Anni kake, and classic burley kake
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:26 am Forgot to post, I'm on bowl 2 of five brothers in the stanwell 77 with coffee

@Tsal you need to order 2lb of plain tobacco to mix with the lane junk and make it smokeable :lol: at least you got the fancy jar
Yes, I got the jar. :lol: The last thing I need is three pounds of garbage laying around.
The Troll Whisperer
Fidibusz

Just in from Henry the cat’s morning patrol although it was afternoon. Three Friars in the Rossi Vittoria 8315 and Half and Half in a Legend. Henry got to chase an interloper cat out of the yard twice. No pics ‘cuz I left my phone in my other jacket.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:02 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:26 am Forgot to post, I'm on bowl 2 of five brothers in the stanwell 77 with coffee

Yes, I got the jar. :lol: The last thing I need is three pounds of garbage laying around.
Step on one pound of garbage with 2 pounds of low country natural Virginia and burley and you'll end up with 3 lb of good workday smoke. Just my opinion.

Having a third round of five brothers in the stanwell 77 with coffee
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:13 pm

Step on one pound of garbage with 2 pounds of low country natural Virginia and burley and you'll end up with 3 lb of good workday smoke. Just my opinion.

I don't like this opinion. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:24 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:13 pm

I don't like this opinion. Lol
Fair enough :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:45 am
Wildcat wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:51 am
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:37 am Enjoyed GL Pease Sixpence in the Wellington Wellbore this morning.

@Wildcat yeah man, I couldn’t keep it lit for nothing. My pipe was on fire. I air dried it for 48 hours, still sopping. 20 seconds in the microwave wasn’t good enough either. I left it on my car dashboard while at work. It was crunchy and dusty. I didn’t rub it out though. Still wouldn’t stay lit. I think dusty and rubbing it out like you did is the only way to go. And yes, the flavor is fantastic. But i’m wondering if its worth it. The tongue bite I was getting everyday from the relights was starting to piss me off.

Bite had to be coming from the heat/steam. Dried out there is no bite. I never rubbed it out as much as I did for today. I'm going to back off a hair. Also, I rub it out before drying and then after. It's worth it IMHO.
I do that with a couple of blends. Rub it, nuke it, light final crumble. The ones off the top of my head that I do it to are sutliff err match, Anni kake, and classic burley kake
Sutliff being our common denominator here. Interesting.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom