Stag Tobacconist in Scottsdale Arizona

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

arturo7 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:33 pm Cool! I'll check it out next time I'm in town.
I like the sound of it but I don't predict I will be in Scottsdale, AZ anytime soon, nor anywhere near the Grand Canyon State, in the foreseeable furture. I do not have business there.

@PoolShooter , I was going to go to their website to order some of the "My Blend" you featured in your photo, but, this shop doesn't seem to have a real website, relying instead on a Facebook page and Yelp reviews, if Google is any guide.

I do not want to call them, though you did include the shop's phone number in your photo.

Can you describe 'My Blend?' I always like unique blends. I rarely buy bespoke tobacco blends, being a Super-Value man from way back, but, I do still pop into my local B&M occasionally to pick up an ounce of their house blend, which is called "Two Virgins and a Frenchman."

I would like to learn more about My Blend before I place a telephone call.

It is always nice to have a good B&M nearby for the good stuff.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
PoolShooter

Citizen B wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:03 pm
arturo7 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:33 pm Cool! I'll check it out next time I'm in town.
I like the sound of it but I don't predict I will be in Scottsdale, AZ anytime soon, nor anywhere near the Grand Canyon State, in the foreseeable furture. I do not have business there.

@PoolShooter , I was going to go to their website to order some of the "My Blend" you featured in your photo, but, this shop doesn't seem to have a real website, relying instead on a Facebook page and Yelp reviews, if Google is any guide.

I do not want to call them, though you did include the shop's phone number in your photo.

Can you describe 'My Blend?' I always like unique blends. I rarely buy bespoke tobacco blends, being a Super-Value man from way back, but, I do still pop into my local B&M occasionally to pick up an ounce of their house blend, which is called "Two Virgins and a Frenchman."

I would like to learn more about My Blend before I place a telephone call.

It is always nice to have a good B&M nearby for the good stuff.
My Blend is their best seller. He said it outsells everything in the shop. It’s a mild aromatic with hints of plum, raisin and maple. Really smooth, no bite, no burn, and I dislike most aromatics because they are often disappointing, however, I’ll be buying My Blend again.
“My beard is getting veddey long. I muss tell Vladimir.”
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Pleasent to hear theres a good tobacconist still out there . They are getting few and far between . Enjoy !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

PoolShooter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:00 pm . It’s a mild aromatic with hints of plum, raisin and maple. Really smooth, no bite, no burn...
I will give this cat a call. Do you want me tell him you sent me?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
PoolShooter

Citizen B wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:13 pm
PoolShooter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:00 pm . It’s a mild aromatic with hints of plum, raisin and maple. Really smooth, no bite, no burn...
It’s up to you.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

PoolShooter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:10 pm
It’s up to you.
I am on the phone with Glen right now. He is taking care of a customer in the middle of my order and he hasn't put me on hold so I am listening to his whole exchange while he checks out a customer in his shop while the phone is lying on the counter. "Do you need matches with that today, sir?" I love this shop already.

I am getting two ounces of My Blend. It should ship out tomorrow unless things happen and Glen can't get to the post office tomorrow. Me: "Glen, I have no worries that you are going to deliver." Glen: "If there is ever anything else I can do for you, just call, Mr. King. That's what I'm here for."

I did not mention PoolShooter's name because I don't know his (her?) real name and I doubt that Glen calls him Poolshooter. Tomato/tomato. I did tell Glen that I was on Pipe Smokers Forums and I was reading the phone number off a customer's photo.

This guy is super-nice. We should throw him some business and all try his blend. I'm not saying we should carpet bomb him with orders, but, I can tell listening to him deal with a customer while I was in mid-phone order, that this is a B&M to support. The customer in front of him was more important than the guy on the phone. I am sold.

I am looking forward to tasting this blend. I bought 2 oz. I suspect they will be good.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
PoolShooter

Citizen B wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm
PoolShooter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:10 pm

It’s up to you.
I am on the phone with Glen right now. He is taking care of a customer in the middle of my order and he hasn't put me on hold so I am listening to his whole exchange while he checks out a customer in his shop while the phone is lying on the counter. "Do you need matches with that today, sir?" I love this shop already.

I am getting two ounces of My Blend. It should ship out tomorrow unless things happen and Glen can't get to the post office tomorrow. Me: "Glen, I have no worries that you are going to deliver." Glen: "If there is ever anything else I can do for you, just call, Mr. King. That's what I'm here for."

I did not mention PoolShooter's name because I don't know his (her?) real name and I doubt that Glen calls him Poolshooter. Tomato/tomato. I did tell Glen that I was on Pipe Smokers Forums and I was reading the phone number off a customer's photo.

This guy is super-nice. We should throw him some business and all try his blend. I'm not saying we should carpet bomb him with orders, but, I can tell listening to him deal with a customer while I was in mid-phone order, that this is a B&M to support. The customer in front of him was more important than the guy on the phone. I am sold.

I am looking forward to tasting this blend. I bought 2 oz. I suspect they will be good.
That is awesome. I’m planning on going back soon to hang out in the lounge.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

As I think back on this, the best part of this transaction was that I told Glen that I wanted to buy two ounces of My Blend. He says, "Okay."

Then, Glen asks me my name. Then he asks me to spell it. Then, he asks me my address, so, I say it and I automatically start to spell it, "2-2-1-2..."

Then somebody in the shop wanted to buy something so I listened to that transaction when Glen put the phone on the counter to take care of this guy who did not want matches with his purchase. I think he bought cigars. Glen is a consummate shopkeeper. From what I overheard, customer service is A-plus.

After the cash register gave its final ka-ching, Glen took my credit card information over the phone and he told me that he would try to ship my order tomorrow.

We did not discuss price. I have no idea what I paid. I know I am getting good value for my dollar. I trust this shop.

I always say that life is full of predictable, petty disappointments. I don't feel that will be the case this time.

Review to follow.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

This is a great thread.
God and Texas!
PoolShooter

Citizen B wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:18 pm As I think back on this, the best part of this transaction was that I told Glen that I wanted to buy two ounces of My Blend. He says, "Okay."

Then, Glen asks me my name. Then he asks me to spell it. Then, he asks me my address, so, I say it and I automatically start to spell it, "2-2-1-2..."

Then somebody in the shop wanted to buy something so I listened to that transaction when Glen put the phone on the counter to take care of this guy who did not want matches with his purchase. I think he bought cigars. Glen is a consummate shopkeeper. From what I overheard, customer service is A-plus.

After the cash register gave its final ka-ching, Glen took my credit card information over the phone and he told me that he would try to ship my order tomorrow.

We did not discuss price. I have no idea what I paid. I know I am getting good value for my dollar. I trust this shop.

I always say that life is full of predictable, petty disappointments. I don't feel that will be the case this time.

Review to follow.
Yeah I knew I found a gem when I first walked in and he invited me behind the counter to get a better look at everything. That was the first time I’ve ever been to a shop/store of any sort where I was asked to do so. He went to the front of the shop while I looked around. They have some of the best Nordings I’ve ever laid eyes on.