Can a cigar with a tight draw be fixed?

ncrobb
Founding Member

I ran into a cigar recently that just would not draw. I finally got it lit but try as I may I couldn’t get it to draw. I cut a little more off the cap end hoping that would help. Nope. I gently pressed down the side hoping to find a tight spot but didn’t really feel anything but I cut back about an inch from the lit end. No better. I tried and tried but got no where. After I chunked it I thought maybe I could have pushed a small diameter metal rod through the center to open it up. Is there a cure for a cigar that won’t draw?
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:41 pm I ran into a cigar recently that just would not draw. I finally got it lit but try as I may I couldn’t get it to draw. I cut a little more off the cap end hoping that would help. Nope. I gently pressed down the side hoping to find a tight spot but didn’t really feel anything but I cut back about an inch from the lit end. No better. I tried and tried but got no where. After I chunked it I thought maybe I could have pushed a small diameter metal rod through the center to open it up. Is there a cure for a cigar that won’t draw?
They make a poker tool for that exact scenario. It's pointy and kind of barbed to yank out some of the blockage and help it draw
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Crappy picture but this is the elevate bar co cigar tool. Has a draw helper, a holder, and a punch in each end. It all screws into the main section and I think it was like $15 on Amazon
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

I run an ice pick through them and roll them on a table.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sometimes you can and sometimes not .. just depends on if its possible to clear with whatever tool . First time I had it happen was a Dunhill Condado [ toro ] way back . Nothing I did worked . Other times you can clear it and youre good to go

One thing cool about machine mades , is they draw and burn perfect 99.9 %
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:40 pm Sometimes you can and sometimes not .. just depends on if its possible to clear with whatever tool . First time I had it happen was a Dunhill Condado [ toro ] way back . Nothing I did worked . Other times you can clear it and youre good to go

One thing cool about machine mades , is they draw and burn perfect 99.9 %
Then there's always the option to chop it up and put it in a pipe. It needn't go to waste.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:26 pm I run an ice pick through them and roll them on a table.
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

If I have a problem with a cigar I throw it out and never buy it again. I'll smoke a different one.
The Troll Whisperer
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

I have the perfecdraw tool and its worth every penny. Bought one for inconsistent Cubans. It’s already been used on two Cubans so it paid for itself.

PerfecDraw Patented Precision Cigar Draw Enhancer Tool & Nubber https://a.co/d/fUAwj4Y

On sale now on Amazon.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Silver
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:14 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:26 pm I run an ice pick through them and roll them on a table.
:lol:
I've used a metal kabob skewer. 8-)