Health Wake Up Call

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:14 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:04 pm Yesterday I did a Mexican style pork butt(it's under the wife's heavy handed cheesing, trust me) threw lawrys season salt, fresh cracked pepper, chili powder, and taco seasoning at it and ran it on the pellet grill. Once it hit 160 internal temp I tossed it in a steamer pan with a splash (like 4-8oz) of hot enchilada sauce, sliced onion, and a few extra cloves of garlic for good luck. Pulled off at 203 internal and rested for a couple of hours. Shredded her up (with the onion and garlic of course) and finished with a light drizzle of the cooking liquid. Had 2 giant tacos, one on romaine and one on a low carb tortilla with romaine and a sprinkle of El yucateco Caribbean. I don't miss carbs, and "diet foods" don't need to be boring
Are you sure there is pork on this? All I see is a salad.
There was definitely pork in the mix :lol: apparently the old lady thought I needed extra cheese
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:19 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:04 pm Yesterday I did a Mexican style pork butt(it's under the wife's heavy handed cheesing, trust me) threw lawrys season salt, fresh cracked pepper, chili powder, and taco seasoning at it and ran it on the pellet grill. Once it hit 160 internal temp I tossed it in a steamer pan with a splash (like 4-8oz) of hot enchilada sauce, sliced onion, and a few extra cloves of garlic for good luck. Pulled off at 203 internal and rested for a couple of hours. Shredded her up (with the onion and garlic of course) and finished with a light drizzle of the cooking liquid. Had 2 giant tacos, one on romaine and one on a low carb tortilla with romaine and a sprinkle of El yucateco Caribbean. I don't miss carbs, and "diet foods" don't need to be boring
There was definitely pork in the mix :lol: apparently the old lady thought I needed extra cheese
She's trying to stabilize your weight. :lol: you're thinking, "lettuce, that's healthy" and she's crating that whole block of cheese for you.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:35 pm
She's trying to stabilize your weight. :lol: you're thinking, "lettuce, that's healthy" and she's crating that whole block of cheese for you.
Right? It's a plot to do away with me :lol:
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Sounds really good!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:24 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:35 pm

She's trying to stabilize your weight. :lol: you're thinking, "lettuce, that's healthy" and she's grating that whole block of cheese for you.
Right? It's a plot to do away with me :lol:
Keep a watchful eye...:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Just to prove to Tommy that there's swine in the garden before I cheesed it :lol:
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Had to fend off two massive cravings last evening; one for pizza and the other for sweets...and managed to hold'em both off. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-