Ketchup

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:10 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:44 pm We usually buy Hunts catsup, always have. Right now we have the organic version. Been meaning to try Whataburger ketchup, it's a bit spicier and it is coming on strong from what I hear.
If there's no ketchup on burgers in Texas why does whataburger have their own ketchup?
A conundrum :lurk:
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:44 pm We usually buy Hunts catsup, always have. Right now we have the organic version. Been meaning to try Whataburger ketchup, it's a bit spicier and it is coming on strong from what I hear.
If there's no ketchup on burgers in Texas why does whataburger have their own ketchup?
For the fries and onion rings. (idiot).😜
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:14 pm
For the fries and onion rings. (idiot).😜
I already knew that would be the answer. You guys serve enough ketchup disguised as salsa with that imitation Mexican food
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:07 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:39 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:59 pm My dearly departed sister in law used to eat ketchup sammiches as a kid. Dear Sweetie puts the stuff on everything. In our younger years, three spices sat on the table at each meal; salt, pepper, and ketchup.
I used to eat ketchup sandwiches, but they had to be on white bread, and we haven't bought it in years.
Mayonnaise sandwiches when we were kids and butter and sugar sandwiches when we were little kids.

Why no ketchup on a burger in TX?
+1 on the mayonnaise sandwiches! And I never knew that anyone else on the planet fed their kids butter and sugar sandwiches other than my mother!!!!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I've had butter and sugar on toast growing up but not as a sandwich. That's nasty. Mayo sandwiches always had a slice or two of tomato. That's a negative with ketchup on hamburgers.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:40 am
Wildcat wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:07 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:39 pm

I used to eat ketchup sandwiches, but they had to be on white bread, and we haven't bought it in years.
Mayonnaise sandwiches when we were kids and butter and sugar sandwiches when we were little kids.

Why no ketchup on a burger in TX?
+1 on the mayonnaise sandwiches! And I never knew that anyone else on the planet fed their kids butter and sugar sandwiches other than my mother!!!!
:thumbs:
It was Aunt Madelyn, my mother's mother's sister, who fed us this culinary treat.

One of the older kids pronounced Madelyn as Mah-new when they were a baby and it stuck with the rest of us. As we grew older we would follow the adults in calling her Aunt Madley.

Mah-new make a tray of butter and sugar sandwiches and bring them out to us. We'd sit around her and she'd tell us about the farm, the land, who did what, when and where etc. I was mesmerized.

She was married to Papa Jim the pipe smoker I talk about.

Mom's dad, my Pa, didn't smoke. He did and still does walk on water however. In my mind at least.

Thanks for bringing up a memory D!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

As an experiment I'm going to give my kids a butter and sugar sandwich to try. Standby...
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:54 pm Image
The favorite of dollar store managers from coast to coast.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
colorduke

Lard sandwich was a favorite of my great grandparents during the Great Depression,can you imagine LARD sandwiches.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

colorduke wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:51 am Lard sandwich was a favorite of my great grandparents during the Great Depression,can you imagine LARD sandwiches.
I cannot. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer