Peterson's are cool

Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:11 pm I am deeply, newly infatuated with Pete system pipes, p-lip and all. I think they're awesome!
I like the P-Lip myself 👍
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ronv69
Founding Member

It's barely a Peterson without the P-lip.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:15 pm It's barely a Peterson without the P-lip.
Theres one thing to be thankful for! :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Silver
Certified Codger

I really like the System pipes. And the P-lip is part of the System. It took me a long time to be comfortable with a P-lip. I still can't clench them.
Sheridan

Silver wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm I really like the System pipes. And the P-lip is part of the System. It took me a long time to be comfortable with a P-lip. I still can't clench them.
I find the newer acrylic plip’s to be a particularly awkward clench, they slip & roll around in my mouth. Vulcanite one’s on the other hand, I find an absolute dream to clench.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

I will not get in involved…I will not get involved….I will not get involved…
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Sheridan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:29 am
Silver wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm I really like the System pipes. And the P-lip is part of the System. It took me a long time to be comfortable with a P-lip. I still can't clench them.
I find the newer acrylic plip’s to be a particularly awkward clench, they slip & roll around in my mouth. Vulcanite one’s on the other hand, I find an absolute dream to clench.
When I bought my new 301, it had an acrylic stem. Couldn't stand it! Thought I was gonna shatter me teeth! :lol: Had a custom vulcanite p-lip made for it, and love it. The only thing I don't like is that it's end-drilled as opposed to being top-drilledl like the Pete stems.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:23 pm
When I bought my new 301, it had an acrylic stem. Couldn't stand it! Thought I was gonna shatter me teeth! :lol: Had a custom vulcanite p-lip made for it, and love it. The only thing I don't like is that it's end-drilled as opposed to being top-drilledl like the Pete stems.
The real deal P-lip is the way to fly. Top drilling keeps from burn and bite IMO. Other than the look, I don't like the Grabow Omega stems because of the end drilling. It's like kissing your sister. Close, but no cigar.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:27 pm
The real deal P-lip is the way to fly. Top drilling keeps from burn and bite IMO. Other than the look, I don't like the Grabow Omega stems because of the end drilling. It's like kissing your sister. Close, but no cigar.
Right. And isn't the internal drilling on a genuine Peterson stem different as well?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:13 am
Wildcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:27 pm
Right. And isn't the internal drilling on a genuine Peterson stem different as well?
Yes, I believe it is. The only P-lip I have now is my rehabbed Pete Canadian.