The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:27 pm Image
Oh my, I bet that’s a few levels above top shelf. An old buddy of mine works at the local liquor store. He told me yesterday nobody around here drinks George Dickel anymore. When I was in it, me and George were pardners.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:21 pm
Oh my, I bet that’s a few levels above top shelf. An old buddy of mine works at the local liquor store. He told me yesterday nobody around here drinks George Dickel anymore. When I was in it, me and George were pardners.
Its not that pricey .. I think in the 30's . Its quite good . I still prefer Old Granddad 114 , which is about the same price
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:42 pm
Its not that pricey .. I think in the 30's . Its quite good . I still prefer Old Granddad 114 , which is about the same price
They don't have it in the local liquor online I found it for $49.
I agree on the OGD. Z
God and Texas!
Silver
Certified Codger

Four Roses Yellow Label. My backyard whiskey. Because its under the bar in my backyard.
kschatey

Old Forester Rye... Damn good for the price point! Also makes a fine Manhattan.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

kschatey wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:46 pm Old Forester Rye... Damn good for the price point! Also makes a fine Manhattan.
Never had OFR but I have had Old Overholtand and I enjoy it. Straight rye whiskey is 👍

A wee dram of 2 Gingers Irish tonight.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Silver
Certified Codger

Having some Teeling Irish Whiskey along with a Guinness.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:12 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:42 pm

They don't have it in the local liquor online I found it for $49.
I agree on the OGD. Z

Wow , that seems pricey . If I spend over 40 bucks on anything alcohol , it would be an Amarone or a Port . I bet when it pops in your local joint , itll be in the 30's
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

For any of you folks who may be looking for something a little different try the Jack Daniel's bonded. I'm a long time jack hater but that stuff checks a lot of boxes. It's like Jack grew up finally
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Wildcat wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:59 pm
kschatey wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:46 pm Old Forester Rye... Damn good for the price point! Also makes a fine Manhattan.
Never had OFR but I have had Old Overholtand and I enjoy it. Straight rye whiskey is 👍

A wee dram of 2 Gingers Irish tonight.
It's damn hard to find in my area any more since it's now all being shipped out to other, fancier places that are apparently willing to pay more? Every time a bourbon gets popular or win awards it all gets shipped out making it harder to find the closer one gets to its source... :(

I used to love McKenna Bottled in Bond 10 Year Single Barrel. SUPER reasonably priced, too. But then it won awards years ago and it can't get it any more. It all gets shipped out. I was in NY once and there was a full palate of it sitting in a liquor store off in a back corner near the bathrooms. Didn't even cost that much more than it was before, but nobody seemed to be buying it. Yet, still can't get it close the to source. Just like tobacco and any other collectible/consumer hobby, hype and hoarding seem to win out...