The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Puff nstuff

Tonight it's Bushmill's on the rocks for me.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Puff nstuff

Tonight I'm cracking open a bottle of Evan Williams 1783, marketed as a small batch production with about 6 years of age on it and bottled at 90 proof. I'll report back later.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:42 pm Tonight I'm cracking open a bottle of Evan Williams 1783, marketed as a small batch production with about 6 years of age on it and bottled at 90 proof. I'll report back later.
Its good stuff :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wild Turkey 101 . Its been a while since I bought a bottle of it . Its in a new bottle and looks wonderful , as it should . Its up front flavor is nice . It makes itself known immediately.. I think I may enjoy it in a Manhattan . I normally do Rye in a Manhattan but I havent been drinking as much in the last year and just keep a bottle or two on the shelf and they are usually bourbons . Wine is another story :)
Puff nstuff

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:41 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:42 pm Tonight I'm cracking open a bottle of Evan Williams 1783, marketed as a small batch production with about 6 years of age on it and bottled at 90 proof. I'll report back later.
And I concur! I'm liking it quite a bit. Definitely has the HH house flavor profile going, but on the fruitier side. Very smooth and very nice on ice, especially at the $20 price point.

As it happens, I too have a bottle of Wild Turkey open, though it's the lower proof version. I have quite enjoyed it for Manhattans lately!

Great minds drink alike! :lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:11 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:41 pm
And I concur! I'm liking it quite a bit. Definitely has the HH house flavor profile going, but on the fruitier side. Very smooth and very nice on ice, especially at the $20 price point.

As it happens, I too have a bottle of Wild Turkey open, though it's the lower proof version. I have quite enjoyed it for Manhattans lately!

Great minds drink alike! :lol:

Yes , lol . The one 101 and Im done for the evening . I will 100percent make a Manhattan with it tomorrow
montag

First hard liquor in a long time. 15 year knob Creek on the rocks. Man, it is good.
Puff nstuff

montag wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:01 pm First hard liquor in a long time. 15 year knob Creek on the rocks. Man, it is good.
Great choice for a return to the hard stuff!
Puff nstuff

A little after dinner nip of EW 1783.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im only a couple drinks into the bottle of WT 101 . Ive cut back on everything .... drinking and eating mainly . Went from a 36 waist 2 years ago to a 32 currently . Its eating leaa that did it but along with eating less im drinking way less and , if I do drink , seem to get more buzzed with less consumption . Ive turned into a cheap date , I reckon

Planning on another Manhattan with the 101 tonight . Nothing beats a Manhattan with Rye but any whiskey works in one and the 1021 was pretty good . At this rate , this bottle will last a good while . I cant wait for joseph to get a driver license because Id have one now but I have to pick him up at work sometime tonight and I never ... never ... have a trace of alcohol in me if Im driving . Not because I couldn't pull it off but because the 10 k it would cost would piss me off to no end . Ive never had a dui and I never will . I wont give the authorities and lawyers that pleasure :thumbs: