Little Audrey and her gun.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Guilt is a bitch . Id have kept it , just sayin :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

I had the same experience when I was little with my first BB gun. I shot at a bird, thinking that I would scare it, but I hit it and killed it. I was very distraught for several days. I still have the gun, but I have been a lot more careful with it.
God and Texas!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Same here. When I got my first B.B. gun my grandfather told me anything I killed I ate, just like him when he went hunting. He found the cardinal in the barnyard and made me take it to my grandma and tell “Mr. Fred said to cook this for my lunch.” When we came in for lunch there was a a small piece of meat on my plate. It was tough to get it down but lesson learned. I was 7-8. I’m guessing it was a little piece of chicken she fried. That was the last thing I shot that wasn’t on the menu.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:40 am Same here. When I got my first B.B. gun my grandfather told me anything I killed I ate, just like him when he went hunting. He found the cardinal in the barnyard and made me take it to my grandma and tell “Mr. Fred said to cook this for my lunch.” When we came in for lunch there was a a small piece of meat on my plate. It was tough to get it down but lesson learned. I was 7-8. I’m guessing it was a little piece of chicken she fried. That was the last thing I shot that wasn’t on the menu.
What , no communists ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:59 am
ncrobb wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:40 am Same here. When I got my first B.B. gun my grandfather told me anything I killed I ate, just like him when he went hunting. He found the cardinal in the barnyard and made me take it to my grandma and tell “Mr. Fred said to cook this for my lunch.” When we came in for lunch there was a a small piece of meat on my plate. It was tough to get it down but lesson learned. I was 7-8. I’m guessing it was a little piece of chicken she fried. That was the last thing I shot that wasn’t on the menu.
What , no communists ?
We're saving them for one big harvest.
God and Texas!