Trade

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:18 pm
kschatey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:34 pm Yes that is one of the things that I have never understood about the traditional/OTR blends... Price per pound they are as expensive or sometimes more expensive than boutique or lots of other bulk tobacco. So from a financial standpoint, there is no advantage to smoking them.
I can't disagree with you on the price. It makes no sense to me the...say...Borkum Riff costs over $35 for a 7 oz can. (Fill in the blank with any OTC) Maybe production costs/tarrifs etc, are as high for OTC's as they are for boutique tobaccos. Some of you guys know if that's the case or not. But I don't smoke, say, Prince Albert because it's cheaper than a fancy brand...I smoke it because I like it. I know it's pricey compared to the Low Country bulks I smoke day to day, and that's why it's a more of a treat than anything.

Day by day? It's Low Country bulks for me. The Vanilla that's my daily smoke is at just over $21 a pound, and I like it.
That's why I ordered a pound of the c&d dark burley. I was looking for something with as much punch as five brothers at a wallet friendly price. It's not as bold in flavor but it packs a wallop. I'm a dedicated and vocal aromatic hater but the batch of grand croupier jackpot that Kevin sent me is fantastic. They say it's a mixture of their aro leftovers but what I got has a great old school cocoa vibe and burns great
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:46 pm That's why I ordered a pound of the c&d dark burley. I was looking for something with as much punch as five brothers at a wallet friendly price. It's not as bold in flavor but it packs a wallop. I'm a dedicated and vocal aromatic hater but the batch of grand croupier jackpot that Kevin sent me is fantastic. They say it's a mixture of their aro leftovers but what I got has a great old school cocoa vibe and burns great
I ordered Grand Croupier once and it was really good. Couldn't beat the price, either!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-