Trade

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:43 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:36 pm
kschatey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:18 pm

That is true. I got talked into a can of something that is going back into the box this time. Couldn't get on board with it. Somebody will like it, no love it. There may or may not be a bonus as well. I like to be tricky.
Five Bros :lol:
I smoke so much five brothers that they should consider sponsoring me :lol:
True! Who makes it anyway?
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:47 pm The Phantom makes sure everyone gets at least one dud. To their own taste of course
That is true. I got talked into a can of something that is going back into the box this time. Couldn't get on board with it. Somebody will like it, no love it. There may or may not be a bonus as well. I like to be tricky.
Uh, no. Thats on my hard pass list. However, I can divulge that there may or may not be a pouch of Fvie Bros in the box at present.

... And I may or may not have emptied it and refilled it with a blend of BCA and CB.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:47 pm The Phantom makes sure everyone gets at least one dud. To their own taste of course
Anybody that can smoke that stuff without falling down gets my respect.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

@Silver's side of the trade arrived today; a lovely tub of Prince Albert still in the shrink wrap. I'm happy. Just hope you like that St James, sir.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:41 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:43 pm

I smoke so much five brothers that they should consider sponsoring me :lol:
True! Who makes it anyway?
As far as I know it's STG that makes it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:18 pm

The only reason I don't smoke it all day every day is the price. It's roughly 13 pouches to make a pound and at $5 each it's up there
Silver
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:20 pm @Silver's side of the trade arrived today; a lovely tub of Prince Albert still in the shrink wrap. I'm happy. Just hope you like that St James, sir.
I'm sure it'll be great! Enjoy!
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:07 pm

The only reason I don't smoke it all day every day is the price. It's roughly 13 pouches to make a pound and at $5 each it's up there
Yes that is one of the things that I have never understood about the traditional/OTR blends... Price per pound they are as expensive or sometimes more expensive than boutique or lots of other bulk tobacco. So from a financial standpoint, there is no advantage to smoking them.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:34 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:07 pm
Yes that is one of the things that I have never understood about the traditional/OTR blends... Price per pound they are as expensive or sometimes more expensive than boutique or lots of other bulk tobacco. So from a financial standpoint, there is no advantage to smoking them.
Right? If five brothers was typical bulk price per lb I'd buy bails of it
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

kschatey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:34 pm Yes that is one of the things that I have never understood about the traditional/OTR blends... Price per pound they are as expensive or sometimes more expensive than boutique or lots of other bulk tobacco. So from a financial standpoint, there is no advantage to smoking them.
I can't disagree with you on the price. It makes no sense to me the...say...Borkum Riff costs over $35 for a 7 oz can. (Fill in the blank with any OTC) Maybe production costs/tarrifs etc, are as high for OTC's as they are for boutique tobaccos. Some of you guys know if that's the case or not. But I don't smoke, say, Prince Albert because it's cheaper than a fancy brand...I smoke it because I like it. I know it's pricey compared to the Low Country bulks I smoke day to day, and that's why it's a more of a treat than anything.

Day by day? It's Low Country bulks for me. The Vanilla that's my daily smoke is at just over $21 a pound, and I like it.