Smoke in Car.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

:lol: :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

Haha, yeah, I can see me piping away with some ODF in my company car. My wife moves to the other end of the porch when I light that blend up. I can imagine the email:

Dear employee number 127908,

We have been informed by both the administrating dealer and ARI that the vehicle you turned in when picking up your current unit smelled heavily of tobacco smoke. Please make arrangements to visit the corporate office in SC and bring your laptop and cell phone. Human Resources has some paper work for you.

Sincerely,
Some German
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
rekamepip
Codger in Training

ncrobb wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:48 am Haha, yeah, I can see me piping away with some ODF in my company car. My wife moves to the other end of the porch when I light that blend up. I can imagine the email:

We have been informed by both the administrating dealer and ARI that the vehicle you turned in when picking up your current unit smelled heavily of tobacco smoke. Please make arrangements to visit the corporate office in SC and bring your laptop and cell phone. Human Resources has some paper work for you.

Sincerely,
Some German
ODF
You could just tell them you got the closest parking spot to the smoker grill at some bbq joint because you had first dibs on the ribs when they were done

[media] [/media]
saulgoldie

rekamepip wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:53 pm
ncrobb wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:48 am Haha, yeah, I can see me piping away with some ODF in my company car. My wife moves to the other end of the porch when I light that blend up. I can imagine the email:

Sincerely,
Some German
ODF
You could just tell them you got the closest parking spot to the smoker grill at some bbq joint because you had first dibs on the ribs when they were done

[media] [/media]

Hahahaha! That's a good one! "Turn in your phone and computer!" Hahaha!!
ric03

I've never smoked in the car as I nearly always have my dog with me out and about. I used to wait until either I got back or found a nice pub or just a tree with a bench under it. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is getting a nice pouch and throwing it in my bag before heading out. I used to enjoy ad-hoc out and about bowls (especially after a good pub lunch in a nice beer garden) immensely.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Surely you guys that dont smoke in your car at least break down and fire up on a long trip .. right ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:45 am Surely you guys that dont smoke in your car at least break down and fire up on a long trip .. right ?
Nope
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ric03

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:45 am Surely you guys that dont smoke in your car at least break down and fire up on a long trip .. right ?
I rarely drive far anymore, but I did used to stop for a smoke and cuppa every so often (especially if I had a long spell on a motorway coming up).
Ronv69
Founding Member

ric03 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:39 am I've never smoked in the car as I nearly always have my dog with me out and about. I used to wait until either I got back or found a nice pub or just a tree with a bench under it. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is getting a nice pouch and throwing it in my bag before heading out. I used to enjoy ad-hoc out and about bowls (especially after a good pub lunch in a nice beer garden) immensely.
My dog always lays in my lap as soon as I light my pipe.
God and Texas!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:55 am
Nope
No like awarded for this reply