The perfect pipe

Ronv69
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:15 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:09 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:21 am

I'm over it. :lol:
I have had pipes that cost more. Not many but some. If I was still smoking regularly I would consider sending one of my Deluxe System pipes to hers for a stem. But I haven't felt like a pipe in over 2 months so I don't know.
You could be the only person in PSF history to own a NAP stemmed pipe. Just sayin.. Also, i’d like to hear how the stem actually feels from a normal person. No pressure
Jim has one from the first batch. I'll ask him next time I talk to him. The other owners say that it works great for draw and flavor, but dries out the mouth.
God and Texas!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:53 pm

I have had pipes that cost more. Not many but some. If I was still smoking regularly I would consider sending one of my Deluxe System pipes to hers for a stem. But I haven't felt like a pipe in over 2 months so I don't know.
You could be the only person in PSF history to own a NAP stemmed pipe. Just sayin.. Also, i’d like to hear how the stem actually feels from a normal person. No pressure
Jim has one from the first batch. I'll ask him next time I talk to him. The other owners say that it works great for draw and flavor, but dries out the mouth.
I used to have a problem where a P-Lip dried out my mouth. When I revisited the P-Lip this year, I did not have that problem. Maybe i’m more hydrated.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Scribbles has one? Shocker
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

What's goin' on? Is it the heat? Are you otherwise feeling ok?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ronv69
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:15 pm

I used to have a problem where a P-Lip dried out my mouth. When I revisited the P-Lip this year, I did not have that problem. Maybe i’m more hydrated.
They said that it dries out the sides, cheeks.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:28 am
What's goin' on? Is it the heat? Are you otherwise feeling ok?
I have had my ups and downs, but I'm mostly OK. I am sure that the heat had something to do with it. But I just don't have any desire to smoke a pipe right now. I hope it comes back.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:38 am

Why is it shocking? As I recall, he isn't crazy about it, but I'm not sure.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:46 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:38 am

Why is it shocking? As I recall, he isn't crazy about it, but I'm not sure.
I apologize. I forgot to use the sarcasm font
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Richard Hanson

Good Morning Gents,

I think I have spent far to much on pipes to date, but I will make an effort to never justify those purchases to avoid offending the sensibilities of this community. I hope the community will in tern withhold chastisements. I have only six pipes as I begin my second week of smoking, the sixth arrives today. Going forward, I plan on adding 2 or 3 more pipes each year. My primary rule is that if I can't afford to smoke the pipe, I can't afford to purchase the same. No pipe will ever just sit in a box deprived of my personal attention without consideration of the capital costs or depreciation in value of acutely smoking the pipe. I might have ten years left before I pass, perhaps more, perhaps less, Providence willing, and I pray that any man that purchases one of my estate pipes' will do so as a restoration project.

Perfection is a fiction.

Warmest Regards,
Richard
Living the lesepfeife life.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thinking about favorites and perfect and all that . I do have a number of them . Mainly because Ive had a number of collections [ long story ] and I kept only a few from each and needed up with what I have .. plus what Ive acquired since selling off the last collection

A far as frequency , My best smoking and absolutely stunning beautiful pipe , a large Mastro de Paja Dublin , I dont get to very often . Mostly because a majority of my smoking is during work and doing shit outside etc ... and I dont bring my ' gems " to work or out in the property ... and , by not doing so , makes teh occasion when I do smoke it a special occasion which I really enjoy . Maybe when I retire , if that ever happens ... Ill ditch most of my pipes and just keep the total gems and smoke/abuse the hell out of them . We'll see
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.