What are you smoking? July 2023

HSigurdsson

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:54 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:48 pm I popped a jar of C&D Habana Daydream which I jarred in 2016. I remember thinking it was a bit all over the place with flavors and it wasn't great.
Seven years later its come together but still not great.
The 1/2 pound I have will last my lifetime.....or until I get involved in a box pass. :)
Im smoking it in this Poker?/Hungarian? shaped pipe #1005 made by Verdome. I believe its Verdome....I cannot see the 3rd letter :)
ImageImage
Habana Daydream is one of my recently discovered favorite blends. Before I got sick last week, I pretty much smoked only that for weeks. Perfect amount of everything for me. Sorry it doesnt knock your socks off!
Dang, I wish I would have known you liked it a couple weeks ago. :)
Oh well, you never know, sometimes things just show up in the mail.....I hear the Phantom is always around. :)
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kendal Kentucky in a cobpot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:48 pm I popped a jar of C&D Habana Daydream which I jarred in 2016. I remember thinking it was a bit all over the place with flavors and it wasn't great.
Seven years later its come together but still not great.
The 1/2 pound I have will last my lifetime.....or until I get involved in a box pass. :)
Im smoking it in this Poker?/Hungarian? shaped pipe #1005 made by Verdome. I believe its Verdome....I cannot see the 3rd letter :)
ImageImage
That is such a beautiful pipe !!! Savinelli used to make a brand called Bent Bobs , for the states market . They were smaller but that shape is very similar to their poker shape they made and it was a pipe I really loved back in the 80's
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ryback in the stanwell 77 with water.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Went by and saw ma, dad, and the pups today. Had some elizabethan in a pete canadian, coffee, shot the shit with the old man.

"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:40 pm Trying out C&D Yorktown in this very Old Dr. Grabow Sunset Grain from the PBxP2. The very oxidized stem will need to be remedied. This very old pipe has rarely, if ever, been smoked.

Sanded and polished the stem.

Silver
Certified Codger

Haunted Bookshop in the Monday cob on the front porch. Made a mug of Yorkshire Gold to accompany.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

BlueRidge wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:33 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:06 pm Now smoking Dunhill London Mixture in the old Grabow. The rim was severly damaged and the stem had some wear so I sanded both down and restained the rim

ImageImageImage
:awesome:
Thanks. It’s a killer smoker too
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Dark flake aromatic in a shell cherrywood as I Tung Oil my countertops. Sipping on a tall peach ice tea with crushed ice.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

BB#2 in the wee Canadian. This was actually dried and loaded yesterday
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin