What are you smoking? August 2023

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ric03 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:10 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:11 pm You can put a whoamajigger on any buffer motor to adjust speed ... just sayin . I just forget what theyre called . Mines fixed , I think at 800 or 1200 [ ? ] or there abouts . If youre gonna buy a buffer , buy a Baldor and your great grandson will use it and pass it on to his kids because we are here enjoying pipes and getting our grown up children involved ... because its a good thing . If youre gonna rig one , its pretty easy , and the whoamajogger can adjust speed on whatever gizmo you come up with

Brutal day at work catching up and smoking a " unique " mix I mixed up a bit ago of SPBC , buttered rum shit show and velvet in the shalom work pipe
Thanks for the advice, chief, much appreciated. I'll have to look into that--looked up Baldor's, though, and those are way beyond my budget... I think I'll probably just hand polish them for the time being.
If you have a drill press just buy one of the cheap arbor and wheel sets off Amazon with some different compounds. They work just fine
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Five brothers in the belge with a cup of coffee. I do believe I am finished up with night work, at least for a few days. Maybe tonight I'll get some actual sleep :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ric03

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:53 pm
ric03 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:10 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:11 pm You can put a whoamajigger on any buffer motor to adjust speed ... just sayin . I just forget what theyre called . Mines fixed , I think at 800 or 1200 [ ? ] or there abouts . If youre gonna buy a buffer , buy a Baldor and your great grandson will use it and pass it on to his kids because we are here enjoying pipes and getting our grown up children involved ... because its a good thing . If youre gonna rig one , its pretty easy , and the whoamajogger can adjust speed on whatever gizmo you come up with

Brutal day at work catching up and smoking a " unique " mix I mixed up a bit ago of SPBC , buttered rum shit show and velvet in the shalom work pipe
Thanks for the advice, chief, much appreciated. I'll have to look into that--looked up Baldor's, though, and those are way beyond my budget... I think I'll probably just hand polish them for the time being.
If you have a drill press just buy one of the cheap arbor and wheel sets off Amazon with some different compounds. They work just fine
I'm not that bothered at the moment (and I don't have a drill press, no). I guess if my collection grows, I'll probably get something then if I'm selling pipes on occasionally. I'll deffo keep these snippets, though, to refer to in future so much appreciate the advice 🍻 :buddy:
Silver
Certified Codger

C&D Innsmouth in the Thursday cob.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This pipe is frigging magic . I havet used a filter in it yet but the draw is wide open and this thing is a champ ! Ive had a mix of CB Dark and H&H , which Im finding to be a wonderful smoke . Had a couple bowls of that this am and now feeling in the mood for Ace of Spades in a good size pipe

@rekamepip ... I have yet to smoke the beast Meer Lined !?!?!? Ace of Spades would be nice to break it it with . Either that or MBGE

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:14 pm This pipe is frigging magic . I havet used a filter in it yet but the draw is wide open and this thing is a champ ! Ive had a mix of CB Dark and H&H , which Im finding to be a wonderful smoke . Had a couple bowls of that this am and now feeling in the mood for Ace of Spades in a good size pipe

@rekamepip ... I have yet to smoke the beast Meer Lined !?!?!? Ace of Spades would be nice to break it it with . Either that or MBGE
LOL , if by the time I get to it and its cooler out , Id really like to break it in with Lane HGL or Sutliff Aromatic English
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kendal Kentucky in a cobpot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

The power is still out. The Power company has estimated the power will be back on by midnight Saturday. Thank God I have people I can rely on. My Dad brought a Generator and has the fridge/freezers running and box fans. Its about 90 degrees there. I am still in Virginia. I am smoking Embry’s Christmas Biscuits in a Bamboo Cob and thinking while I wait for this EV to charge. This was suppose to be a work/getaway type deal, but having no idea this was coming, I wish maybe I didnt leave.

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:27 pm The power is still out. The Power company has estimated the power will be back on by midnight Saturday. Thank God I have people I can rely on. My Dad brought a Generator and has the fridge/freezers running and box fans. Its about 90 degrees there. I am still in Virginia. I am smoking Embry’s Christmas Biscuits in a Bamboo Cob and thinking while I wait for this EV to charge. This was suppose to be a work/getaway type deal, but having no idea this was coming, I wish maybe I didnt leave.

welcome to georgia :lol:
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Dark Flake Scented in a 80s
this is never not creepy to walk up on, a common black rat snake climbing up the wall
@Piping Abe hang in there bud