Please add you likes and dislike for easy giving by others

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

We are some hateful giving bastids at this site . In order to make the hate giving easier [ and to make more satisfaction ] , I think we should have a general idea of what it is we like and dont like . Id drop the ball if I sent someone a bunch of Cherry Aromatic if they generally smoked heavy English , as an example .I now we can get an idea reading the ways threads and comments in general but that requires memory and paying attention ... so lets make a reference thread here

Ill go first to show you what I mean

Ruffinogold

Likes ..
I dig Burley because its what God smokes and I believe one must commune with the Father
I like Virginias and Vapers
I dig Aromatics
I kind of dig English blends but I'm very particular of which ones . Germain 1820 , King Charles . PS EOS and Balkan Sasieni ... that's it really
I like " American English " stuff
I'm very fond of Curvy Redheads and curvy yumminess in general

Dislikes ...
I generally don't like English blends .. just a few
I do not smoke C&D , GLP , H&H or any sub brands they make for reasons that don't need mentioning as to not offend anyone :lol:
I'm not fond of skinny flat chested women , though I'm sure there are very nice ones out there , It just doesn't crumble the cookie

So there you have it ... easy , right !?

It would be great if everyone here , new and old , kept it simple and stated their likes and dislikes . Our giving could be spot on and that feels good when you give and know it will be a success
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ric03

ric03

I mainly smoke English (London Mixture was my favourite, getting the same feel for No. 10 Mixture now), mostly the Dunhills, and a few SG (Squadron, Skiff etc.).
1792 on occasion, not too often.
Some virginias, BBF and FVF.
Most Balkans.
Like St Bruno and Condor occasionally too. (Used to love Carey's Bruno Special RIP 💔)
I did used to smoke MB Original Choice, a fair bit, but it seems to have fallen victim to the Brexit baccy famine.
Blondes. (same for beer.)

Dislikes, mostly heavily cased aromatics, in the past, purely as I used to get bite from them more. I'm going to try a few more this time around though, ease my way into them.
Politics etc., the news.
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

What I’m getting out of this is that I need the Mayor’s mailing address if anyone wants to oblige please send a PM
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

BlueRidge wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:33 pm What I’m getting out of this is that I need the Mayor’s mailing address if anyone wants to oblige please send a PM
Lol ... seriously , put your likes / dislike here . This way people have a general Idea . You can always edit it if your tastes change
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:39 pm We are some hateful giving bastids at this site . In order to make the hate giving easier [ and to make more satisfaction ] , I think we should have a general idea of what it is we like and dont like . Id drop the ball if I sent someone a bunch of Cherry Aromatic if they generally smoked heavy English , as an example .I now we can get an idea reading the ways threads and comments in general but that requires memory and paying attention ... so lets make a reference thread here

Ruffinogold

Likes ..
I dig Burley because its what God smokes and I believe one must commune with the Father
I dig Aromatics
I kind of dig English blends but I'm very particular of which ones . Germain 1820 , King Charles . PS EOS and Balkan Sasieni ... that's it really

Dislikes ...
I do not smoke C&D , GLP , H&H or any sub brands they make for reasons that don't need mentioning as to not offend anyone :lol:
I'm not fond of skinny flat chested women , though I'm sure there are very nice ones out there , It just doesn't crumble the cookie

It would be great if everyone here , new and old , kept it simple and stated their likes and dislikes . Our giving could be spot on and that feels good when you give and know it will be a success
I'm always surprised that you don't like the Hearth & Home stuff since 99% of it is manufactured by your boys at Sutliff. Normally enjoyment carries across a manufacturers offerings, at least for me. I like C&D's stuff so it carries across GLP, Drucquer, etc etc
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

My likes are pretty simple:

Low Country Vanilla is my favorite, but I also like all of the LC light aros. Their cherry isn't light...whew...but after I cut it with a load of LC Vanilla, it's quite good too.

I like Burley forward OTCs like SWA, SWRA, Prince Albert, and I'm really diggin' D&R's Two Timer. Love me some Amsterdam Shag, but won't pay for it. 😆 Enjoy a bit of Turkish tobacco mixed with anything

Not a huge fan of Englishes, though I do enjoy a bowl of John Bull occasionally in the fall and winter. Don't care for perique that much. Not really a VA fan either, unless it's in a good VaBur
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
HSigurdsson

Im real easy.
Anything except blends with a LOT og Perique.
Perique is a condiment, not the main player.....in my opinion. :)
My favorites are straight Virginia and heavy Lat/Oriental blends. But I smoke it all....sometimes in the same day.
And none of that sissy "Latakia is only for cold months" crapola. Ill huff some straight Lat on a 90 degree day.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Likes ..
Stronger blends
Burley
Perique
DFK
Grabows with vulcanite stems
Bargains
Pots
Banded stems - I have just always liked the look.
Good liturgy

Dislikes ...
Black Cavendish (typically) I realize Pegasus has some.
People who obsess about pipe cleaning rituals
Youtubers who have smoked for two weeks and consider themselves experts
Having to go out in the parking lot at events to smoke
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Presby John-Dave

I'm simple.

Nearly all tobacco I've tried. Granted, I haven't liked all of them equally.
Dr. Grabows especially.
Coffee with my tobacco. Tea does well, too.
Places that allow smoking indoors.
Lots of smoke.

Dislikes:
Small or dainty pipes.
Overly artistic or strangely shaped pipes.
Tobacco stores carrying cheap pipes made by people who care nothing about pipes (Fuji or something like that?).
Vaping.
Heavy Latakia blends in summer. Sorry for the crapola. ;)
The general anti-smoking culture and other haters of freedom.

I'm sure there's more I could say. As far as liking most every tobacco I've tried... It's not that there are blends that I wouldn't actively seek out. I could name a few that I wouldn't really care to smoke ever again. However, I haven't tried a tobacco yet that I instantly hated.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:54 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:39 pm We are some hateful giving bastids at this site . In order to make the hate giving easier [ and to make more satisfaction ] , I think we should have a general idea of what it is we like and dont like . Id drop the ball if I sent someone a bunch of Cherry Aromatic if they generally smoked heavy English , as an example .I now we can get an idea reading the ways threads and comments in general but that requires memory and paying attention ... so lets make a reference thread here

Ruffinogold

Likes ..
I dig Aromatics

Dislikes ...

I'm always surprised that you don't like the Hearth & Home stuff since 99% of it is manufactured by your boys at Sutliff. Normally enjoyment carries across a manufacturers offerings, at least for me. I like C&D's stuff so it carries across GLP, Drucquer, etc etc
Yeah , well I dont know what they do to gee willikers it up .... but there it is :thumbs: