Please add you likes and dislike for easy giving by others

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:59 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:41 pm
ncrobb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:39 am Ok, I could try to look it up but......who is Shane Ireland? I’m gonna guess based on my forum friends comments he/she is someone I may not care to break bread with.

As far as likes and dislikes, I have been to so much diversity and inclusion training in my workplace that I can no longer have an opinion. I will try whatever and smoke it all.

But with that said:

Dislikes-

For some reason the C&D stuff and I just don’t get along. Everything I have tried, at least to me, had a very raw, edgy, almost aggressive nature to it.

1792. I bought one tin, smoked two very small portions of very small bowls and decided that it was waaaay to strong.

Not a big fan of florals but sometimes a little is okay.

Most aromatics, I should say the wet, sticky ones. But there are some like Vanilla Flake and ruff’s Red Headed Bombshell that will change your mind.

Cigar leaf blends. If I wanted a cigar I’d smoke one.

Likes-

English blends any all varieties.*

Virginias any and all.*

Latakia. I keep Chocolate Manhood available at all times. Ruff passed on someone’s homemade Latakia plug that was outstanding.

Plugs, ropes, twists & flakes.*

*To date I have not found one I didn’t like. I will say with ropes there are some that I show respect.
He's one of the head schmuckety schmucks at smokingpipes

Wonder if Ruff sent you one of my lat plugs. The bastard (chocolate manhood + perique) or pembrique (esoterica Pembroke + perique) The addition of perique and pressing really makes those standouts
It wasn’t a Chocolate Manhood derivative. I think I’d have picked up on it. It was mostly Latakia and this was probably 5-6 years ago. It didn’t last long around here. Lol. If it was your brew up, outstanding job.
Nope, wasn't one of mine then. Sounds intriguing though
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:39 am Ok, I could try to look it up but......who is Shane Ireland? I’m gonna guess based on my forum friends comments he/she is someone I may not care to break bread with.

As far as likes and dislikes, I have been to so much diversity and inclusion training in my workplace that I can no longer have an opinion. I will try whatever and smoke it all.

But with that said:

Dislikes-

For some reason the C&D stuff and I just don’t get along. Everything I have tried, at least to me, had a very raw, edgy, almost aggressive nature to it.

1792. I bought one tin, smoked two very small portions of very small bowls and decided that it was waaaay to strong.

Most aromatics, I should say the wet, sticky ones. But there are some like Vanilla Flake and ruff’s Red Headed Bombshell that will change your mind.

Likes-

Virginias any and all.*

Latakia. I keep Chocolate Manhood available at all times. Ruff passed on someone’s homemade Latakia plug that was outstanding.

*To date I have not found one I didn’t like. I will say with ropes there are some that I show respect.

Wonder if Ruff sent you one of my lat plugs. The bastard (chocolate manhood + perique) or pembrique (esoterica Pembroke + perique) The addition of perique and pressing really makes those standouts
I have 2 of your plugs ... the first is half and half that you did some maic mojo shit to .... seriously freaky good

The other , I forget what you said it was and I didnt label it , so Ive jarred it . Do you remember the 2nd one ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:50 pm

But with that said:

Dislikes-

Likes-

Virginias any and all.*

I have 2 of your plugs ... the first is half and half that you did some maic mojo shit to .... seriously freaky good

The other , I forget what you said it was and I didnt label it , so Ive jarred it . Do you remember the 2nd one ?
It could be Jefferson Street from Milan tobacconist with a little extra Turkish and perique. I swear that Jefferson Street is sutliff rum raisin just renamed for shop sales. The ingredients line up perfectly as does the description
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:28 pm

It could be Jefferson Street from Milan tobacconist with a little extra Turkish and perique. I swear that Jefferson Street is sutliff rum raisin just renamed for shop sales. The ingredients line up perfectly as does the description
Oh , I got the LBF / Lat .... @ncrobb would love it . Ill keep it jarred till I meet up with him and we will burn it :awesome:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:08 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:28 pm

Oh , I got the LBF / Lat .... @ncrobb would love it . Ill keep it jarred till I meet up with him and we will burn it :awesome:
Ooooohhhhh yeah okay I remember that one too
Puff nstuff

I like mild Virginias and VaPers. OGS, LNF, etc.
I like pretty much everything I've tried from GH.
OTC burley blends like Granger and Sugar Barrel, and similar mild aromatics like Kentucky Club Aromatic.
American English blends. Dark Fired Kentucky blends.
Cheap mild cigars.

Haven't really immersed myself in aromatics or heavier English/Balkan types yet. Not attracted to them.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Middle Earth

GLP Stonehenge
Savinelli 140*
Old Gowrie
Tudor Castle
Cooper

Dislike
Goop Aeros
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I smoke mostly burley blends. I have tried M79 and Half and Half and don't like either. I'm willing to try most anything.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Super-Value pipe tobacco.

My top ten turn-offs happen to match the top ten of Playboy centerfolds over the decades:

Egotistical / Arrogant people
Liars
Jealousy
Rude or pushy people
Getting up early
Smokers
Pollution
Traffic
Hairy backs
Judgemental people

https://xxxpedite.wordpress.com/2009/02 ... ambitions/
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.