Please add you likes and dislike for easy giving by others

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:07 pm Oh and another dislike -
The flowery word soup reviews on TR. Take all your grassy nutty stewed fruit lemony snicket crap and shove it right back where the bullshit originated from
So...are you gonna tell us how you really feel? 😆
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:20 pm
The flowery word soup reviews on TR. Take all your grassy nutty stewed fruit lemony snicket crap and shove it right back where the bullshit originated from
Can't. The forum has too many language filters in place
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

BlueRidge wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:24 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:02 pm
pipedrum22 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:21 am lol....Shane Ireland catching strays in our forum
:lol: people always tiptoe about naming names of people they dislike, as if the world is going to end. I have all the grace of a cinder block. What's he gonna do? Take away my birthday? Not meeting him in person and watching his interactions with people cemented him on that list
*mispacks your next order!
I happened upon him a few years back at the Kansas City Pipe Show . . . Vulgar Mouthed Cigarette Smoking Pipe Smoker Wannabe.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:15 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:20 pm
Can't. The forum has too many language filters in place

The space bar is your friend! :D
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ok, I could try to look it up but......who is Shane Ireland? I’m gonna guess based on my forum friends comments he/she is someone I may not care to break bread with.

As far as likes and dislikes, I have been to so much diversity and inclusion training in my workplace that I can no longer have an opinion. I will try whatever and smoke it all.

But with that said:

Dislikes-

For some reason the C&D stuff and I just don’t get along. Everything I have tried, at least to me, had a very raw, edgy, almost aggressive nature to it.

1792. I bought one tin, smoked two very small portions of very small bowls and decided that it was waaaay to strong.

Not a big fan of florals but sometimes a little is okay.

Most aromatics, I should say the wet, sticky ones. But there are some like Vanilla Flake and ruff’s Red Headed Bombshell that will change your mind.

Cigar leaf blends. If I wanted a cigar I’d smoke one.

Likes-

English blends any all varieties.*

Virginias any and all.*

Latakia. I keep Chocolate Manhood available at all times. Ruff passed on someone’s homemade Latakia plug that was outstanding.

Plugs, ropes, twists & flakes.*

*To date I have not found one I didn’t like. I will say with ropes there are some that I show respect.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Presby John-Dave

pipedrum22 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:17 pm Likes: any flake, plug, or rope by G&H. Most Lakelands. Heck basically any Virginia flake.

Dislikes: too much perique, I can be picky about aromatics…really like them to taste the way they smell. Example: molto dulce tastes EXACTLY the way it smells and I really enjoy it from time to time.
I thought I was the only one! It can kind of feel like a bait-and-switch!
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:18 pm
Your palate is not up to par. You need more ice water with bergs and a juicy red delicious apple before a smoke
All while commentating a ballgame
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:39 am Ok, I could try to look it up but......who is Shane Ireland? I’m gonna guess based on my forum friends comments he/she is someone I may not care to break bread with.

As far as likes and dislikes, I have been to so much diversity and inclusion training in my workplace that I can no longer have an opinion. I will try whatever and smoke it all.

But with that said:

Dislikes-

For some reason the C&D stuff and I just don’t get along. Everything I have tried, at least to me, had a very raw, edgy, almost aggressive nature to it.

1792. I bought one tin, smoked two very small portions of very small bowls and decided that it was waaaay to strong.

Most aromatics, I should say the wet, sticky ones. But there are some like Vanilla Flake and ruff’s Red Headed Bombshell that will change your mind.

Likes-

Virginias any and all.*

Latakia. I keep Chocolate Manhood available at all times. Ruff passed on someone’s homemade Latakia plug that was outstanding.

*To date I have not found one I didn’t like. I will say with ropes there are some that I show respect.
He's one of the head schmuckety schmucks at smokingpipes

Wonder if Ruff sent you one of my lat plugs. The bastard (chocolate manhood + perique) or pembrique (esoterica Pembroke + perique) The addition of perique and pressing really makes those standouts
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:41 pm
ncrobb wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:39 am Ok, I could try to look it up but......who is Shane Ireland? I’m gonna guess based on my forum friends comments he/she is someone I may not care to break bread with.

But with that said:

Dislikes-

Likes-

Virginias any and all.*

He's one of the head schmuckety schmucks at smokingpipes

Wonder if Ruff sent you one of my lat plugs. The bastard (chocolate manhood + perique) or pembrique (esoterica Pembroke + perique) The addition of perique and pressing really makes those standouts
It wasn’t a Chocolate Manhood derivative. I think I’d have picked up on it. It was mostly Latakia and this was probably 5-6 years ago. It didn’t last long around here. Lol. If it was your brew up, outstanding job.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett