Hanging Firearms.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:08 pm I hope you guys dust your guns. I keep mine in gun socks to keep the dust off. They also keep moisture away
I keep mine in a safe and my handguns get the socks. I have a moisture thingamabob on the floor as well.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:08 pm I hope you guys dust your guns. I keep mine in gun socks to keep the dust off. They also keep moisture away
Gun cabinet , like the pipe cabinet = no dust . I just love cabinetry ...but I hate going to work . Wtf , right ?!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:27 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:05 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:06 pm They walk around the farm all day looking for trouble. Apparently I only have pics of one, he was in time out for an offence. Ill go get pics of thd other. :)
ImageImage
Now THAT, sir, is a DOG! I've got a Goldendoodle, and I'm not even sure he's a dog. I mean, he's great fun, great company, but a working dog he aint! :lol:
Ain't nothing wrong with companion dogs either. They all have their place. Even chihuahua's have a special place in hell
Nope, nothin' wrong at all. He's a great pup.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
simplepipes
Codger in Training

HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:06 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:35 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:14 am
Id imagine in many urban areas shop teaches wouldn't allow you to make a purpose built gun cabinet. Dont you know guns are bad?
Where I live nearly everyone has guns, many guns.
In my 52 years there have been ZERO death's, shootings or robberies involving a gun....ZERO. Around here if you piss someone off, you get a black eye. And if you need money, you just ask a neighbor.
Speaking of neighbors.....
My 80 year old neighbor Darlene always has her 6 inch S&W 686 on her side while on her property. Even in a dress she has her belt and gun. She has a small dog and we have very aggressive coyotes around here.
Ive had to eliminate 4 in the last few years. Well, my dogs took care of 3 of them.....thats a story for another time though. :)
The coyotes here are no match for my dogs . I have not yet had to deal with them . Ruby , the Catahoula , can run circles around them and freak them out . Trigger [ a mountain Kerr mostly ] just looks so damn retarded that I think they think theyll get molested and that probably freaks them out too :D
I don't know where you live but the coyotes around here are Eastern coyotes. They are MUCH larger than typical coyotes due to the Eastern being coyote/wolf hybrids.
The biggest ive seen was 80 pounds but ive "heard" of larger ones. The average on our property is around 60 pounds. And unlike MOST Western coyotes, the Eastern will pack in family groups. Ive seen packs of 10 adult dogs.
We have 2 farm dogs that weight almost 400 pounds combined. They are Mastiff/Great Dane mixes, they are brothers. Unlike many Mastiffs, these are eorking dogs. They are fast, agile and strong. I watched one drag a 700 pound cow through a fence, down a hill and across the paddock by its nose.
Ok, here is the short story..... :)
A few years ago my wife was outside with our 15 pound dog, the one ive posted pics of.
I was inside when I heard my wife screaming. The 2 mastiffs were in the house with me. I went to the door and saw my wife with the dog in her hands and 3 adult coyotes within 10 feet of her. They wanted the dog.
Luckily the dogs were right behind me. I opened the door and they went into action
Two of the coyotes died within seconds but the other ran into the woods with both dogs on its heels. About 20 seconds later, he was also dead.
I have no idea how many they have dealt with when they are on the job. They walk around the farm all day looking for trouble. Apparently I only have pics of one, he was in time out for an offence. Ill go get pics of thd other. :)
ImageImage
I have noticed the Coyotes around here getting much larger as well. Plenty of food sources, small pets, etc. Two weeks past the neighbors Great Pyrenees dispatched one that had entered their yard.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Ronv69
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:56 pm I bought these to hang my dad's 1962 Ithaca shotgun on the wall in either my den or living room. Anybody else display firearms in their home?
I live in Texas.
God and Texas!
HSigurdsson

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:27 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:05 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:06 pm They walk around the farm all day looking for trouble. Apparently I only have pics of one, he was in time out for an offence. Ill go get pics of thd other. :)
ImageImage
Now THAT, sir, is a DOG! I've got a Goldendoodle, and I'm not even sure he's a dog. I mean, he's great fun, great company, but a working dog he aint! :lol:
Ain't nothing wrong with companion dogs either. They all have their place. Even chihuahua's have a special place in hell
Hey, we also have a Chihuahua....sort of.....hes a Chorgi....Chihuahua/Corgi mix. Hes a great dog his name is Zero.
We also have a GS/Hound mix, a pitbull, a Doberman, a lab/pit mix....and....um....a cat. :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
HSigurdsson

ImageImageImageImage
HSigurdsson

I do not have many pictures on this phone.
The black dog on the couch, on the right, is my best buddy but thats the only picture on this camera and im not home. He is much older and more gray now, this picture was s few years ago. The other one on the couch isnt mine.
HSigurdsson

simplepipes wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:10 pm
HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:06 pm

The coyotes here are no match for my dogs . I have not yet had to deal with them . Ruby , the Catahoula , can run circles around them and freak them out . Trigger [ a mountain Kerr mostly ] just looks so damn retarded that I think they think theyll get molested and that probably freaks them out too :D
I don't know where you live but the coyotes around here are Eastern coyotes. They are MUCH larger than typical coyotes due to the Eastern being coyote/wolf hybrids.
The biggest ive seen was 80 pounds but ive "heard" of larger ones. The average on our property is around 60 pounds. And unlike MOST Western coyotes, the Eastern will pack in family groups. Ive seen packs of 10 adult dogs.
We have 2 farm dogs that weight almost 400 pounds combined. They are Mastiff/Great Dane mixes, they are brothers. Unlike many Mastiffs, these are eorking dogs. They are fast, agile and strong. I watched one drag a 700 pound cow through a fence, down a hill and across the paddock by its nose.
Ok, here is the short story..... :)
A few years ago my wife was outside with our 15 pound dog, the one ive posted pics of.
I was inside when I heard my wife screaming. The 2 mastiffs were in the house with me. I went to the door and saw my wife with the dog in her hands and 3 adult coyotes within 10 feet of her. They wanted the dog.
Luckily the dogs were right behind me. I opened the door and they went into action
Two of the coyotes died within seconds but the other ran into the woods with both dogs on its heels. About 20 seconds later, he was also dead.
I have no idea how many they have dealt with when they are on the job. They walk around the farm all day looking for trouble. Apparently I only have pics of one, he was in time out for an offence. Ill go get pics of thd other. :)
ImageImage
I have noticed the Coyotes around here getting much larger as well. Plenty of food sources, small pets, etc. Two weeks past the neighbors Great Pyrenees dispatched one that had entered their yard.

-sp
Yes they probably are getting larger.
The Eastern coyote is speading because very few people are hunting them and in most places have no predators. The Eastern coyote has Gray wolf in them, up to 40% wolf.
In the mid 1990s I spent 24 months in the Brooks Range in Alaska doing my dissertation for school. I researched and wrote about coy-wolf and coyote/wolf hybrids. Both the Yukon wolf and the gray wolf breed with coyotesand this is changing the ecosystem in the North....yada,yada,yada. :)
HSigurdsson

HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:14 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Oh , I dont know . I imagine you could make any kind of cabinet in shop class .. no ? Im in the sticks too .... mostly . Its changing sadly . Yeah , we have constitutional carry / open carry and whatever else is pro 2nd ... drug stores that also sell guns etc ... and no issues :thumbs: Its amazing how peaceful things can be without scumbags , though we have a few but not a problem
Id imagine in many urban areas shop teaches wouldn't allow you to make a purpose built gun cabinet. Dont you know guns are bad?
Where I live nearly everyone has guns, many guns.
In my 52 years there have been ZERO death's, shootings or robberies involving a gun....ZERO. Around here if you piss someone off, you get a black eye. And if you need money, you just ask a neighbor.
Speaking of neighbors.....
My 80 year old neighbor Darlene always has her 6 inch S&W 686 on her side while on her property. Even in a dress she has her belt and gun. She has a small dog and we have very aggressive coyotes around here.
Ive had to eliminate 4 in the last few years. Well, my dogs took care of 3 of them.....thats a story for another time though. :)
Years ago we had a Kerr.
Her name was Mable and she was terrifying.....to other dogs. She was the most aggressive dog Ive ever seen....and ive seen a lot of mean farm dogs.
Her original owners wanted her put down because she killed 2 of the neighbors dogs.
They suggested I try to work with her and I accepted.
I had her for 9 years and she died in peace of old age.
We had a few issues with our other dogs but theywere all formally agresdive and could defend themselves. :)
She was one of the toughest dogs ive known. She was run over by a truck and a tractor....her fault. And she was kicked and bitten by horses many times....her fault.
She was fantastic around humans but other dogs was something we worked on....for 9 years. :)