Popcorn

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Sheridan wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:09 am Stopped eating popcorn when I discovered pork scratchings.
Having said that though, I will buy some salted popcorn if I’m at the pictures.
What are pork scratchings?
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Love popcorn...but can't eat it. Diverticulitis. Used to be that hot buttered popcorn was my go-to snack, but no longer. Sigh. I miss it.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

We use this in our house. Super easy to use and store as it collapses and it's cheap! Same result as stove top but faster.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:05 am Love popcorn. Been making it in the microwave for years. But recently decided to do the kernels. You can actually just make them in a pot, no popcorn maker needed. And then we use the Kernel Season’s Movie Theater seasoning.

I love the Movie Theater tasting butter/salt. I even buy the stuff ready to go in the bag.

I think i’ll upgrade to a popcorn maker at some point. The pot method is sort of hit/miss.

There is some really good popcorn that is made with coconut oil, delicious!

I will eat kettle corn but I prefer the classic butter and salt.
I've heard that using coconut oil is fantastic too, but haven't tried it yet. There's a brand that makes butter flavored coconut oil that gets rave reviews but it's not available locally and shipping is ridiculous
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:38 am
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:05 am Love popcorn. Been making it in the microwave for years. But recently decided to do the kernels. You can actually just make them in a pot, no popcorn maker needed. And then we use the Kernel Season’s Movie Theater seasoning.

I love the Movie Theater tasting butter/salt. I even buy the stuff ready to go in the bag.

I think i’ll upgrade to a popcorn maker at some point. The pot method is sort of hit/miss.

I've heard that using coconut oil is fantastic too, but haven't tried it yet. There's a brand that makes butter flavored coconut oil that gets rave reviews but it's not available locally and shipping is ridiculous
As a Connoisseur of popcorn you shouldn't let a shipping rate stand between you.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

This is the one we get.

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I salt in layers too, about1/4 of it in the bowl at a time
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:02 am

This is the one we get.

Fancy item for popcorn.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:54 am

As a Connoisseur of popcorn you shouldn't let a shipping rate stand between you.
The cheapest shipping I found was $20. They can kiss both cheeks
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:21 pm
Tsal wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:54 am

The cheapest shipping I found was $20. They can kiss both cheeks
But you buy 100 dollars of tobacco to get free shipping. :lol: PM me your address, I'll send you some.
The Troll Whisperer