Whatcha’ Doin 2023

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:34 pm For a lot of years I was immersed neck deep in car audio. Home as well but it is so much easier than car that it doesn't really pose a challenge. Anyway, I thoroughly burned out, blew my ear apart (which hurt multiple ways as I was actually saving money to go to school and be a live sound and recording engineer) and the tight confines of the automobile are just plain painful nowadays. No matter how I try to get away from it, I get drug back to work on projects fairly regularly.

This is the last amplifier I purchased. It's a custom built prototype, tweaked to my specifications by my friend who was the builder for the company. It's been passed on to a friend of mine and when I was switching it to a different car for him, heard a rattle inside. My friend is no longer with the company, the owner is a bit of a dunce, so I get the "pleasure" of repairing it. A capacitor broke loose from the board, and I'm going to go ahead and replace all 8 of the big fellas near the toroids. Sawdust isn't the only hell I raise lol.

Thats really cool. I wouldnt even know where to start on that thing but I think you need a soldering gun
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:47 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:34 pm For a lot of years I was immersed neck deep in car audio. Home as well but it is so much easier than car that it doesn't really pose a challenge. Anyway, I thoroughly burned out, blew my ear apart (which hurt multiple ways as I was actually saving money to go to school and be a live sound and recording engineer) and the tight confines of the automobile are just plain painful nowadays. No matter how I try to get away from it, I get drug back to work on projects fairly regularly.

This is the last amplifier I purchased. It's a custom built prototype, tweaked to my specifications by my friend who was the builder for the company. It's been passed on to a friend of mine and when I was switching it to a different car for him, heard a rattle inside. My friend is no longer with the company, the owner is a bit of a dunce, so I get the "pleasure" of repairing it. A capacitor broke loose from the board, and I'm going to go ahead and replace all 8 of the big fellas near the toroids. Sawdust isn't the only hell I raise lol.

Thats really cool. I wouldnt even know where to start on that thing but I think you need a soldering gun
Yup, a few more screws to get the board out of the chassis and then some good ol soldering fun
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

At urgent care with my son now. And my living room tv’s backlight went out last night so I still have to get a new TV today.
Iain

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:17 am At urgent care with my son now. And my living room tv’s backlight went out last night so I still have to get a new TV today.
Hope everything turns out ok.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:17 am At urgent care with my son now. And my living room tv’s backlight went out last night so I still have to get a new TV today.
Oh hell. Hope everything is good with the mini. TV is whatever
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Thanks @Mr Beardsley @Iain my son has acute bronchitus. We got home and he vomitted on the rug. I shampooed it and the belt snapped on the carpet shampooer. One of them days..
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

It is autumn in New Orleans, 80 degrees with a breeze, balmy. I am sitting in my back garden watching a chicken scratch in the dirt as I plot my next move in life. I am smoking Captain Black Platinum, because I want to empty this pouch, in my red Nording Compass. It is a beautiful day. Tomorrow should be another unless all my schemes fall apart, which is just as likely---even then, it will be a beautiful day. At least it's not snowing.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I hope your lil guy feels better.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I installed a new mailbox and post.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:30 pm Thanks @Mr Beardsley @Iain my son has acute bronchitus. We got home and he vomitted on the rug. I shampooed it and the belt snapped on the carpet shampooer. One of them days..
If it's an area rug, the pressure washer works better than a shampooer. I've had to clean up more than one mess on a rug from food disagreeing with a pup. Lol