Sealed Kentucky Club and some velvet pocket tins

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Snagged this today . Ya know the Kentucky Club is gonna be so dry , sadly , even though its in a sealed pouch in the box . Anyway , we'll see . I want a Velvet tin and my son , Nick , will want the other Velvet tin .

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Great score. Can’t beat vintage tins.
HSigurdsson

Years ago I was at an estate sale where they had dozens of old pipe tobacco tins, magazines and other
ephemera.
There were a lot of these metal tins and some cardboard ones.
I regret not buying it all.
Those tins can sell for decent coin. :)
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:48 pm Years ago I was at an estate sale where they had dozens of old pipe tobacco tins, magazines and other
ephemera.
Im gonna use mine for work . The Ace of Spades , being like a chunk cube cut , will just pour in and out of it :thumbs:

You can get these type tins [ common brands ] pretty cheap . If they are in really really good shape , then they can get a little pricey . I think now is the time to buy old tins , especially if they are in just decent shape with minor blemishes . The rare brands are really pricey

Im watching to see what this guy goes for . So far 56 bucks with shipping

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:48 pm Years ago I was at an estate sale where they had dozens of old pipe tobacco tins, magazines and other
ephemera.
Im gonna use mine for work . The Ace of Spades , being like a chunk cube cut , will just pour in and out of it :thumbs:

You can get these type tins [ common brands ] pretty cheap . If they are in really really good shape , then they can get a little pricey . I think now is the time to buy old tins , especially if they are in just decent shape with minor blemishes . The rare brands are really pricey

Im watching to see what this guy goes for . So far 56 bucks with shipping

This one is cool too ....

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Got it just now . Late tonight I'll open the sealed Kentucky Club pouch thats inside the box and see what kind of a shit show it contains . The packaging has no barcodes anywhere on th KC . Im always on the look out for Kentucky Club Continental and happened upon this group . The Velvet tins are cool and there are differences between the two through out out each side of the two tins and they are in decent enough shape

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It may not be as horrible as I first thought it was . I thought hey were glue shut but I guess not . I cant remember if and when they werent glued . That might have been the next decade . Anyway , it smells fantastic , it really does , and being it isnt dust [ just hard dry ]dry .. if there is such a term Ill give it a go in the humidor and who knows

The knife is a Hogue and it is so bad ass . Its an Enginering marvel actually . Ive never had a knife like it , Im assuming its a " tactical " knife because its brings out that side of me when I deploy it :) Thank you , Abe ... I love it
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:36 pm It may not be as horrible as I first thought it was . I thought hey were glue shut but I guess not . I cant remember if and when they werent glued . That might have been the next decade . Anyway , it smells fantastic , it really does , and being it isnt dust [ just hard dry ]dry .. if there is such a term Ill give it a go in the humidor and who knows
I've resurrected some rock hard Edgeworth slices before. I have faith that you can pull off a decent win on the Kentucky Club
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:38 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:36 pm It may not be as horrible as I first thought it was . I thought hey were glue shut but I guess not . I cant remember if and when they werent glued . That might have been the next decade . Anyway , it smells fantastic , it really does , and being it isnt dust [ just hard dry ]dry .. if there is such a term Ill give it a go in the humidor and who knows
I've resurrected some rock hard Edgeworth slices before. I have faith that you can pull off a decent win on the Kentucky Club
I have hope . When I pulled it open and realized it wasnt glue sealed , I assumed dust