Pipe Convention in New Orleans?!?

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Have no stories about New Orleans and it's environs...never been.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:16 am I almost rode a scooter in New Orleans...
I ate crawfish in New Orleans.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:58 pm Have no stories about New Orleans and it's environs...never been.
New Orleans is a great little place to visit. Your imagination runs wild about what it must have been like two hundred years ago. The "old feeling" is still present today. It smells but you get used to it.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:23 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:16 am I almost rode a scooter in New Orleans...
Same! I ate everything I could get my hands on in New Orleans
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:39 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:23 pm
Same! I ate everything I could get my hands on in New Orleans
The food is outstanding there!
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:51 pm Damn it ... the first half of next year is a long time . I hope to still be here !!! Ya never know . Oh , Id so like to go ... it would be a double whammy ! Matt and a pipe show
I am not as warm and cuddly in person as I am on PSF. Prepare to be disappointed by my camaraderie. I hate to have my routine disturbed. I suspect your presence will make me be irritable and sour.

Oh, what the heck! It will only be a few days. C'mon down. I know my New Orleans. I am happy to share my world.

We can split a can of Flaming Hot Mountain Dew.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

rekamepip wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:50 am

Personally I’d rather rent a scooter try to keep up with You on yours cruising Your Neighborhood

Now that would be the most fun

You are talking my language, brother. :thumbs:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:29 am If i’m still in Georgia me and @Ruffinogold will road trip to the pipe show. Not for the pipes. But to smell @Citizen B ’s hands ✋🏻
Lol .... yes !! :lol:

Seriously ... we need to go :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:40 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:51 pm Damn it ... the first half of next year is a long time . I hope to still be here !!! Ya never know . Oh , Id so like to go ... it would be a double whammy ! Matt and a pipe show
I am not as warm and cuddly in person as I am on PSF. Prepare to be disappointed by my camaraderie. I hate to have my routine disturbed. I suspect your presence will make me be irritable and sour.

Oh, what the heck! It will only be a few days. C'mon down. I know my New Orleans. I am happy to share my world.

We can split a can of Flaming Hot Mountain Dew.
Ha , I hear ya . Im familiar with hog tying but that wont be necessary ,,, or .... keep your routine , though hectic , Ill keep up and Ill just talk constantly whether you listen or not . It would be like a magical cloud of burley is haunting you
Plus ... you want to hang because if piping Abe gets upset he'll go into black op mode and s*** will get real .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

My 6th great uncles founded New Orleans. I have been many times. I have found myself face down in a gutter after some hurricanes at Pat O'Brian's when I was 17. I swore to never return, but having family there I have been going back at least annually for the past 30 years. More often to Metairie but always with a trip or 2 into Crazy Town to eat or walk in Jackson Square. Plenty of good food outside of NO too.
God and Texas!