Pipe Convention in New Orleans?!?

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:08 pm

I have heard that there is going to be some kind of pipe-and-tobacco confab in New Orleans. Is this true?

Please advise.

I went to the last one, Russ Oulette was there. I lasted about fifteen minutes in the building before I lost interest……..,,,,
15 minutes
I can see that happening

If unless actually looking for a pipe or tobacco and or happen into a conversation I doubt that I would last much longer than it would take to smoke half a bowl or a small cigar

Personally I’d rather rent a scooter try to keep up with You on yours cruising Your Neighborhood

Now that would be the most fun
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I've gotten tattooed in Mandeville too AND Covington. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I almost rode a scooter in New Orleans...
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

My maternal grandmother was born and raised in Opelousas.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

If i’m still in Georgia me and @Ruffinogold will road trip to the pipe show. Not for the pipes. But to smell @Citizen B ’s hands ✋🏻
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:45 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:20 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:13 pm

Toby has started the search for a location in New Orleans, Metairie or Kenner for the meeting. He is looking at hotels with outside space available for a smoking tent, food & beverage catering and discounted hotel rooms for show attendees. The hotel would also need to have a large meeting room for vendor tables.
Finding a venue should be no problem. He will save money going to the suburbs.

I am not going to Kenner. I might go to Metairie depending on how deep it is in the suburbs. I almost never leave the city. The farthest I go into Metairie is just across the parish border. We don't have counties in Louisiana, we have parishes. New Orleans is its own parish, Orleans Parish.

Let me know what is happening. I will be around. This is my home base.
I learned about Louisiana being parishes by way of Johnny Cash singing Orleans Parish Prison (I think on the live at San Quentin album) My younger brain hadn't heard of that so I went digging into a little history
My granddaddy heard him sing in Angola, but that’s a different story.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:31 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:45 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:20 pm

Finding a venue should be no problem. He will save money going to the suburbs.

I am not going to Kenner. I might go to Metairie depending on how deep it is in the suburbs. I almost never leave the city. The farthest I go into Metairie is just across the parish border. We don't have counties in Louisiana, we have parishes. New Orleans is its own parish, Orleans Parish.

Let me know what is happening. I will be around. This is my home base.
I learned about Louisiana being parishes by way of Johnny Cash singing Orleans Parish Prison (I think on the live at San Quentin album) My younger brain hadn't heard of that so I went digging into a little history
My granddaddy heard him sing in Angola, but that’s a different story.
And still pretty awesome
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:54 pm I got tattooed in Metairie, circa 1999
You and a lot of other people. ;)
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:29 am If i’m still in Georgia me and @Ruffinogold will road trip to the pipe show. Not for the pipes. But to smell @Citizen B ’s hands ✋🏻
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:26 am My maternal grandmother was born and raised in Opelousas.
I will file this random fact away with all the others that may come in useful someday. I have missed you. It is good to have you back. You know I mean it because I am stating it plainly.

I have never been to Opelousas and I am not going to Oplelousas in the foreseeable future, but if I ever do, I will remember this. Thanks for sharing.

Is your maternal grandmother buried there? I'm not trying to be funny when I notice that you left out the last part. There is more to this story.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.